Radisson at the Port - Shuttle

DGNewton

I know they say 1:30 for the Glory boarding, but every other cruise usally let you board by 12:00...Since we are staying at the Radisson at the Port, they will shuttle us over there....

What time should we ask or plan on leaving the hotel?

We wouldn't mine boarding early....slighty disablable we not being able to stand in long lines....on my, 5 days until we cruise!

We have left as early as 10:30 for both DCL and RCCL from the Radisson. Try get booked on one of the early shuttles. There has always been a little bit of confusion getting loaded up and to the pier, in our experience.

Last time, a large group just showed up and started to get on the shuttle...claimed they had no idea the space needed to be reserved...

Anyway, not worth letting rude and pushy people ruin your vacation. We ended up being directed to a line in the terminal that had us boarding before them :D

The port isn't but a few minutes ride from the hotel. Call them before you leave and ask to be put on the list.

We were on the Glory for the 7/1 sailing and drove up from Miami the same day and we got to the port at around 10:30 and were able to drop off our luggae with the porters and check in. We did have to wait maybe about 5 minutes so that we can board the ship...so we were all sitting while we got the ok to to board the ship...and that the ship was cleared.

One thing that did happen to us is that I called and got us put on the list to be shuttled over to the port at 1 and I don't think we left the hotel until after 1:30. So I guess what I'm trying to say is expect there to be a lot of people and only like 2 or 3 vans/shuttles that fill up very fast even if you are on the list. One comparison I can think of is if you go to see a Dr. if you make an early appointment you'll probably see the doctor at the time you expected, but as the day goes on and the Dr's schedule starts to fall behind his 4 pm patient may be having to practice a lot of patience while still waiting to see the Dr. at 4:45.

Once at the port they are very good about those with special needs so I wouldn't worry about that. We did have an unusual circumstance as to getting boarded since the Glory was over 3 hours late getting in. But I would definitely get to the port earlier next time.

Another thing to consider is a cab to the port from the Radisson is less then $10. That would allow you to leave when you want to, avoid any pushy and rude people, and go directly to your ship without having to wait for other people getting off at their ship. Money well spent. ;)

Archived