Any Other Hotels Allow Parking in Lauderdale?

gelton

I've seen several comments about Amerisuites and the fact they allow you to park your vehicle for the week and shuttle you to the port (or at least they did). But I have also read some negative, some "you get what you paid for", and some positive comments and I was wondering if this is the only hotel that allows you to leave your vehicle for the week. I was also wondering if anyone had any comments about secure parking at a hotel for the week is?

My cruise doesn't leave until 9/30 but any comments would be appreciated.

La QUinta Inn allows free parking and provides shuttle service as well as a free extended continental breakfast. We realy enjoyed our stay there last April... and got a great priceon Priceline. Haven't heard anyone winning there lately though.

A~

La QUinta Inn allows free parking and provides shuttle service as well as a free extended continental breakfast. We realy enjoyed our stay there last April... and got a great priceon Priceline. Haven't heard anyone winning there lately though.

A~

I noticed several in the area. Was this the one at the airport? Also, I've used Hotwire in the past to get a hotel in the general area, but I couldn't specify the exact hotel I wanted. Which has never been a bad hotel..knock on wood..but if I needed to stay at a specific hotel I was taking a chance. From looking at Priceline it seems that is the case there as well, or is there a "trick" to get only the hotel you want, or is it still a risk?

clear.gif

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Ft. Lauderdale Airport

2620 North 26th Ave.

Hollywood, FL 33020

Phone: (954)922-2295

Fax: (954)922-2995

AAA 3 Diamond Rating

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.jsp?ident=LQ985&propId=985

Personally, I've only dealt with Priceline and used betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com for the advice in using this site. Unfortunately, as I said earlier, I don't think La Quinta is currently in the Priceline Inventory anymore. :(

A~

We also stayed at the LaQuinta and enjoyed the service very much. They have a shuttle to take you to the cruiseport and you can leave your vehicle there free of charge. Many restaurants close by and our favorite The Rustic Inn only 5 minutes away by car.

I'll hold off trying to acquire a room until the week before I need to and check for better rates. As of now $115 is the cheapest I can find and while the hotel may be nice, it wouldn't save me anything on my previous plans. I can book the same nice hotel I have stayed at in the past in Orlando for $55 and park for $54 at Park'n'Fly/Cruise (of course my wife would probably break me at the outlet malls).

But I will but LaQuinta at the top of my list for a pre-cruise option.

I would not wait too long to book, the hotels near the cruise port fill up pretty fast, most hotels only have 24 hour cancellation policy, so as long as you cancel the day before you will not lose anything, we have stayed at Amerisuites before and have a reservation for Sept 2, for $79. for the night and 7 days parking, the parking alone would be $84.00 for the week, We thought the hotel for the night was fine.

I would not wait too long to book, the hotels near the cruise port fill up pretty fast, most hotels only have 24 hour cancellation policy, so as long as you cancel the day before you will not lose anything, we have stayed at Amerisuites before and have a reservation for Sept 2, for $79. for the night and 7 days parking, the parking alone would be $84.00 for the week, We thought the hotel for the night was fine.

I asked this on another board and didn't get an answer. Did you feel your vehicle would be secure at Amerisuites (or LaQuinta for that matter)? I know that no where is completely safe (my sister's car has been broken into twice during church services) but I would feel uneasy about leaving a vehicle for a week parked around back somewhere.

we have left our car @ amerisuites fll 2 times & will again n dec. no problem. they have done what they said they would do & we have no complaints. we probally will take a cab back 2 hotel instead of wait 4 shuttle because we have a long trip home, but we have taken shuttle both ways.

We feel ok with leaving our car parked for the week at the hotel, we have did this at Amersuites, Comfort Inn, and also at the LaQuinta Hotel. Nothing is 100% safe, but we are comfortable with it. WE have a car that is 6 years old and leave nothing valuable in it. Like you said, your car can be broken into anywhere.

I can book the same nice hotel I have stayed at in the past in Orlando for $55 and park for $54 at Park'n'Fly/Cruise (of course my wife would probably break me at the outlet malls).

Would you mind sharing the details for the nice hotel in Orlando for $55? In the past we have stayed at some places on East Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (just off the turnpike) in the Kissimmee area, but none of them were really very nice, so we planned to just "go all the way" the day before and stay in Fort Lauderdale the night before the cruise next March.

On my previous 2 cruises and 1 other time in the area I used Hotwire and on 2 different times the price I accepted was for the Marriot in the Marriot Village in Lake Buena Vista. It was off I-4 and I remember taking a short toll road to the turnpike the first time (waste of a toll since it was only for less than a mile then you were at the turnpike). I took another Hwy the next year an it was just a quick (I think that was Irlo Brunson). Of course everytime I have stayed in Orlando has been off peak times, but last year the night was $55 plus tax, the year before that $69. I think I choose the 3 star category which was the Marriot, but my parents were in the Fairfield when they used this, but it was in the same little village and just as new. I checked Hotwire today and saw one 3 star listed for $49 in that area with good reviews for the dates I need.

But honestly there are so many rooms available in that area and most are vacant on weekdays from Sept to Dec (excluding holidays) that I wait until closer to the time to leave and the hotels start giving better prices. Because unlike other methods of booking, there are no refunds through Hotwire so I want to be sure I want to stay there.

We used Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale last year prior to our Christmas/New Year's Cruise, and have a confirmed reservation for again this year. We left our car parked infront of this hotel while we were gone for 11 days. There are plenty of security and police patroling the area which is next to several restaurants, and a small Publix, CVS shopping area. We just made sure that we did not leave anything out in plain view that someone would want to break in for.

The rooms were clean and neat, and the staff could not have been more hospitable.

By checking through the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau, http://www.sunny.org/travelagents/index.cfm?action=hotelinfo, it showed the following hotels have extended parking:

Renaissance, Amerisuites, Embassy, Hyatt Regancy, Comfort Suites - both Cruise Port and South, Bahia Mar Beach Resort, Hapmpton Inn - both North and Airport, Best Western, Comfort Inn South, Holiday Inn Express, Wyndham, and Sheraton.

Looks like many selections, but I did not check pricing.

Not real sure most people are aware, but evidently the parking "gig" is up. I called Amerisuites, Comfort Inn, and Sleep Inn so far and while they still over a shuttle to the port, they now charge for parking. Sleep Inn charges $6 per night, Comfort Inn charges $7 per night, and Amerisuites new policy is $12 per night. While this bets the $14 port garage charges and even the $8 (with the 7th night free with special) Park'n'Fly/Cruise, it is something to consider.

From this forum I have heard better things about Comfort Inn and Sleep Inn but their rates through various websites run about $15 more than Amerisuites. But if you only stay one night Comfort Inn and Sleep Inn becomne the better bargains for leaving your vehicle. I'll have to check the others on the list (which i thank you for so much), but it seems the general rule is that parking isn't free anymore.:(

What is Park'nFly/Cruise? Is this something available at the airport in Lauderdale or Orlando? I also live in Georgia and am driving down night before for my cruise in December, need to save as much $ as possible in view of gas prices. Thanks.

I can book the same nice hotel I have stayed at in the past in Orlando for $55 and park for $54 at Park'n'Fly/Cruise

Thank you, thank you! :) I booked Amerisuites last week for $79/night for our cruise in December. This is what we paid last year, at Amerisuites and left our car there the entire cruise for no extra charge. I called this morning to confirm our December reservation and was given the same information, i.e., no more complimentary cruise parking. I guess "the gig" is definitely up at Amerisuites.:( Thanks to "Gelton", and the info provided, I was able to cancel our December reservation.

Thanks to you KroozFoolz, I have "surfed" to your suggested website above, and found some other possibilities.

Thank you, we also had reservations at Amerisuites for October, I am also checking other options, at the ParknFly, site there is LaQuinta that allows you to park for 14 days for $139. Has anyone stayed there.

Archived