Crown Princess Listing...Returning to Port Canaveral

sail7seas

Just heard on NBC local news (and CNN) that Crown Princess has a steering problem and the live picture they showed seemed to indicate the ship has some 'listing' as she returns to Port Canaveral. They said there are UNCONFIRMED reports of 30 people possibly being injured.

I certainly hope IF there are injuries that they are not serious and wish Crown Princess 'safe landing'.

Just heard on NBC local news (and CNN) that Crown Princess has a steering problem and the live picture they showed seemed to indicate the ship has some 'listing' as she returns to Port Canaveral. They said there are UNCONFIRMED reports of 30 people possibly being injured.

I certainly hope IF there are injuries that they are not serious and wish Crown Princess 'safe landing'.

I'm watching it local right now. Coast Guard is out there. A passenger called the WESH 2 news and says there are people laying all over the place and glass and all sorts of stuff all over the place.

The Coast Guard is checking it out now to see if it's safe to bring her into port safely without wrecking into anything in the port.

There are 30+ injuries --not sure how serious.

More later.....

CBS network( CBS NY ) is carrying feed on early news.. A lot of speculation on the what and why's...Hopefully no one is seriously injured and the ship will return safely to Port Canaveral.....Some speculation of a "ship" malfunction... some talk about possible weather related...??? Will gladly wait for official CG report...Hope all aboard are safe....

Just heard about it on local breaking news. They said they don't have a count as to the numbered injured, but did say that a number of passengers were critically injured and that there were many elderly on board. My prayers are with them. Mary

just checked CNN.com 37 people injured Apparently a steering (rudder) problem caused the ship to roll violently to the port side No damage to the hull's integrity. Crown Princess now back in port at Canaveral. Paramedics were treating injuries right at dockside. A small child and one of the parents were airlifted to hospital. Hope everybody comes thru this fine.

Interviews with the terrified passengers all over the local NYC tv stations this morning as they arrive back in NYC.

Makes the Poseidon adventure seem tame. Lawyers lining up just out of camera range.

Hopefully grief counseling is included in their rebates........

Lawyers lining up just out of camera range.

Ironically funny, yet true... (No disrespect meant towards any attorneys who post here.)

On a serious note, I am glad to hear that there were no fatalities and that the injured were seen to in a timely manner.

This is just a horrible event for those passengers. We had a similar event but not to this magnitude on the Carnival Glory several years ago. We were also exiting Port Canavarel and just a few miles out. We were eating dinner when all of a sudden the ship started to lurch to the port side like we were making a sudden hard turn. We knew we were not supposed to be turning so it was a surprise. I nearly fell out of my seat literally. Took about 10-15 seconds for this to all occur before it was straightened out. It felt like the ship was turning over. I believe I have read posts of this happening on other azapod driven ships before. I hope those people recover from the fright and their injuries.

Archived