Accident on Crown Princess

Somehow I dont believe that they would ACTUALLY show Titanic on a cruise vacation. Ya know? I think that person was trying to be funny.

I've seen it on the TV on an RCCL ship.

A convicted felon, Martha Stewart is Godmother. Would you expect a flawless sailing. My DH & I think back to the Captain on the Grand last February who did a sharp 180 degree turn for a heart attack patient to go backto port. Was he the Captain on Crown??? Let me guess, Martha's favorite!

Somehow I dont believe that they would ACTUALLY show Titanic on a cruise vacation. Ya know? I think that person was trying to be funny.

maybe... Even Though i dont think any cruise director is that stupid. but actually alot of ppl said it.

A convicted felon, Martha Stewart is Godmother. Would you expect a flawless sailing. My DH & I think back to the Captain on the Grand last February who did a sharp 180 degree turn for a heart attack patient to go backto port. Was he the Captain on Crown??? Let me guess, Martha's favorite!

Brenda...........HUH???:confused:

Hey everyone. I am home and fine and just found this thread. Yes, the movie on MUTS that night was scheduled to be Titanic. I have a copy of the Patters right here. They show that a lot on MUTS.

James Ley, our cruise director was a nice chap. I liked him well enough. I loved one of his assistants, Jacinta and Cameron was a hoot. They both know me by name.

I like the food on RCI better. Everything else was a draw. I still am a loyal RCI sailor, but am putting Princess in the mix. I am sailing the Crown again. I need to get back on that horse and ride her.

Merionmom was in the room with me when it happened. Very odd, because I am the one that naps. She took one too that day, thank goodness. I would not be okay if it were not for her. She calmed me down and got me up after I fell over some furniture that went flying. I don't remember that part btw, I think I banged my head.

My bruises are almost gone.

I think Princess handled it well. I really do. I don't think this happened because of the movie or Martha Stewart. Seems to be human error and I am sure that person is no longer with the fleet.

Wrona you missed a heck of a thing.

Welcome back. Heck of a way to end a vacation, but thank goodness you're both okay. Glad to see that you've rebooked Nancy.....get on that horse. I'm sure your family is looking forward to vacationing with you on the next one - there's nothing like the real thing. (Gosh, that reminds me of a tune.....)

I saw the news report with you (MerionMom posted the link)....you did so well....I know I'd have been a nervous wreck. BTW you look fantastic....all your hard work has paid off.

Thanks to you & Carol for keeping all of us informed and may both of your next cruises be wonderful - Start to Finish.

From how this incident has been described on the discussion boards it does not really sound to me like a mechanical or steering problem. This ship was really thrown ... and it happened all of a sudden ... I just don't think a rudder mechanism would be powerful enough to do that.

I read some time ago about how methane gas trapped on the ocean floor might be released by underwater earthquakes and this could actually cause ships to sink. There seems to be a lot of this gas off the Florida cost in what some people have called the Bermuda Triangle. Here are some links that describe this theory:

http://www.at-bristol.org.uk/explore/Bermuda.htm

http://edugreen.teri.res.in/explore/renew/bermuda.htm

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/methane_hydrates.html

Could it be that the Crown Princess got sideswiped by one of these methane gas blowouts?

To anyone who thinks I looked good in the interview. You're all on drugs! I looked like a chucnky middle age woman who needs a facelift! I can't even watch it without cringeing! I don't want reassurances I want donations to the, "Facelift for Nancy Liedel Fund!" LOL!!!!

Wberthin: I really do think it was as it's now being described, human error.

To anyone who thinks I looked good in the interview. You're all on drugs! I looked like a chucnky middle age woman who needs a facelift! I can't even watch it without cringeing! I don't want reassurances I want donations to the, "Facelift for Nancy Liedel Fund!" LOL!!!!

You really must have bumped your head. :D You looked pretty darn good for a person who had just been through that.

You really must have bumped your head. :D You looked pretty darn good for a person who had just been through that.

Maybe you were watching someone else? My doppleganger perhaps?

I have to admit the woman who interviewed me was wonderful. I'd already done an interview with our NBC affiliate and then the lady from ABC called. I said, "no," but she was very kind and explained that she really wanted to talk to me. She was more professional than the NBC guy (who has the empathy of an egg crate) and sharper. She got to the meat of it immediatly and did a great interview. She did cut out some of my praise for the staff, but made sure that the fact I'd booked another cruise on the Crown made it in. She also had her writer (she called me before it went on the air) took out the words, "Terror and horrible cruise." She said, until the list it had been great and it was. I have to admit Merionmom, Carol, was 9/10ths of the "Great" in the cruise. She is a fabulous roomie and anyone would be LUCKY to sail with her. I smell a group cruise coming on.

If I could get my picks and choices from the RCI boards with some folks from the Princess cruise it would be the best one ever. Wrona and Rick you are among the, "Wish I could cruise with them's."

OK Alexis, how did you get mouse ears on Henry?

I guess I need someone to put Truffles2 on Henry! I feel left out.

Come over to here in the floataway lounge http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=382773

and see all the different ones there are. I love zotzers with Henry wearing her pink hat. :)

Ericknow32 did mine for me. It is just a nice, pleasant, silly thread that is a lot of fun. :D

instead of a battered & bruised cruiser. Gosh gal, you looked great! Voice chipper not clammering, no gross happenings as folks love to talk about the bloody people, glass & knives into bodies, but just the scare of a ship tilting to the side more & more as we woke up.

Did the wine get out of the white jeans??? Great ad for that drive me nuts guy in the commericals as he scoops it out & removes stains.

Was it the same Captain as February's tilt???

Nope the dag gone wine did NOT come out. I am so irritated. They were new pants. Okay, pants next to some of the injured and scared people are NOT a big deal at all.

I am just cringing still at that interview. Shades of Bozo. I was 7 and on TV for the first time and Bozo asked me what my name was. I put my hair behind my ears in a humiliating move. Shudder.

Archived