Time Concerns and Tubing?

Dannzzigg

I'll be in Belize on 9/02. Ship arrives @7:30 and departs @4:30 (EST). Will there be enough time to take one of the private excursiond (Xstream, Coral Breeze, Reggie etc...) and not have to worry about missing the last tender? I'm afraid if we miss the last tender my tube might not carry me all the way back to Tampa. :confused:

Yes, you will have enough time. We booked through X-treme in May and were about an hour and a half late meeting our guide and he still had us back to the port about an hour before the last tender back to the ship. The entire excursion takes about 5 1/2 hrs. X-treme makes sure they are always a few steps ahead of the ships excursion and that way you won't have any worries about missing the ship. Good Luck! Have a great cruise!

Independents have been reliable and if people were missing ships it would be all over these boards. :) Go and enjoy yourself- it is a top tour in this port. A tip, consider taking a fanny pack and shorten up the strap and wear it around your neck. It will hold all your valuables and a disposable camera.

how long is one hiking and how long are you in the cave? The ride out there, is it a mini van or bus? A/C?

Just got back from Caymans and they put us on an old school bus without a/c for your stringray snorkel tour. It took about 25-30 minutes and it was very hot...need to check everything out before hand, this was thru the cruise ship NCCL.

The ride to the caves is about an hour. All 12 of us in our group were in an air conditioned van. The last 10 min. of the ride is on a very bumpy road. The hike is about 45 min., mostly flat, however there are some parts that you have to climb a very little hill and descend steps. Just when you are getting tired and hot, you are at the river and get to get cooled off. We walked through a dry cave first and then floated through two more. The river was low in some parts when we were there in May and a lot of the time you had to paddle. Our guide was very helpful with anyone having problems.

Archived