Pre-reserving Radisson excursions

sdf89

As you can tell from the ships we have traveled (below), we are accustomed to diligently pre-reserving excursions months in advance to avoid finding an excursion full (not available).

Correct me if I am wrong:

1) For Radisson, you need to wait for the cruise documents which include a faxable excursion reservation form.

2) Or you can wait and book on the ship.

Lastly, how often do Radisson excursions fill up such that there is not space for you (and when)?

You are correct in how it works. I have never had excursions filled up. Of course, we fax our form back as soon as we get it. After all, the final excursion and cost information is online 60 days before sailing so we know what we want to do. On last trip on Voyager, the Canopy Tour was over subscribed. They were able to add a second section in the afternoon. There are more reports of excursions not getting enough participants.

We did not prebook any excursions on our Navigator cruise. By the time we got onboard and went to the tour desk, one excursion out of all the excursions available was full and not available. Luckily, that excursion wasn't one that we wanted. :)

Spleen

We are going on the August 25 cruise. It is now July 4 within 60 days of departure, and I did not receive my final docs. I will call my travel agent Tuesday and find out when I will receive them. Thanks for the info.

BTW, any recommendations for excursions not to be missed. I know it all depends on personal preference, but I would love to hear your favorites.

You should receive your final docs. about three weeks before you leave for your cruise. Sometimes they come a little sooner but most of the time it is just about three weeks before. If you have not received them by than call your TA.

Yallcruise

You are correct in how it works. I have never had excursions filled up. Of course, we fax our form back as soon as we get it. After all, the final excursion and cost information is online 60 days before sailing so we know what we want to do. On last trip on Voyager, the Canopy Tour was over subscribed. They were able to add a second section in the afternoon. There are more reports of excursions not getting enough participants.

marc: thank you. Do I gather that some excursions get cancelled due to inadequate people signing up?

Archived