Can we expect anything else from Princess? (7/20 sailing)

heywhatsup

That's true - even people that know very little about cruising have been asking me if I heard about it and what happened. It's not good publicity.

As frequent cruisers here, we all know the ship will be fine soon and that cruising is a very safe way of traveling, but to the general public, it does scare them off a bit. Maybe some other disaster will gain the media's attention and the Crown incident will be forgotten. :D

Mikenike is bang on with his comments about why the refund. Nice has nothing to do with it. I mentioned to a business associate that I was taking a cruise in Dec. When he asked the about the cruise line and I said Princess, his first reaction was '....isn't that the cruise line that has had all the problems with their ships'. This type of perception/statement by joe public is exactly what Princess is trying to stem. Princess wants to nip this in the bud before the issue becomes a public conversation and hurts business. What next...expect to see some tv newsmagazine stories about 'safety at sea' and 'staff conditions' at sea. Just what the cruise industry does not want.
With the George Smith disappearance off the Brilliance and that guy who fell overboard off the Mariner and then the 20/20 and Dateline type shows doing "undercover" stories on drinking aboard, everyone over on the RC boards was spouting the same doom-and-gloom and Royal-Caribbean-covering-its-a$$ talk.

RC took a hit on "drinking at sea" and Princess will take a hit on "safety at sea" and life will go on and the ships will sail full.

Archived