VALOR.....What a Awesome ship it will be

osnap2006x

Hi Nicolio, Is that Spring Break time?? If so, the prices as you might know, are a lot higher. Just know what you want(In/outside,etc.) on that date and go to the cruise websites on the cruise message boards that advertise. I would think they are fairly reputable;also phone Carnival;also try your local travel agent. I booked online through an American website;the next day I went online to Carnival with my booking # they gave me and saw that my deposit had been put on the cruise and checked my charge card was billed by Carnival. Just use internet shopping precautions.Make sure the online place has no cancellation fees(before final payment date) and that all fees(document sending etc.) are included in the price they quote you. Keep your emails etc. There will probably be others who can help you more. Good luck for your cruise purchase! We go on Valor Jan.23/05 West.Caribb.!!

I am currently planning to sail the VALOR on 3-14. Any advice as to where to get a good deal-website or travel agency? Also, is'nt it better to have a lower cabin to avoid the motion higher up??

Nicolio - I think using a travel agent over booking directly with the cruise line has many advantages, if you have a great travel agent. The cruise lines do not allow travel agents to discounts cruises any longer so the prices should be the same, but certainly not the personal service. I have a fabulous cruise travel agent - email me if you want her info. Jacaust@aol.com.

As far as location on the ship, its hard to tell the difference where you are. Unless the water is really REALLY rough, you shouldn't feel the ship move anywhere.

Just beware ... cruising is addictive!!!!!!!

We will be on the Valor July 24, 2005....Hopefully a group of 75 or more

Cathy ~ we are booked on the same cruise ~ Valor 7/24/05. I started a roll-call thread last week entitled "Valor ~ 7/24/2005 ~ Anyone Sailing With Us?" Are you traveling with a group of friends or family? Please add a post to our roll-call thread - hopefully we will get a nice group of CC members together, too. :)

We can't wait to cruise again. I wish we could be on the first Valor cruise, the 3-day in December, but we just don't have the time.

We are very excited to be on a brand-new ship and we never sailed Carnival before. So, needless to say, we can't wait!!!

Cathy ~ we are booked on the same cruise ~ Valor 7/24/05. I started a roll-call thread last week entitled "Valor ~ 7/24/2005 ~ Anyone Sailing With Us?" Are you traveling with a group of friends or family? Please add a post to our roll-call thread - hopefully we will get a nice group of CC members together, too. :)

QUOTE]

Cool! There are 22 of us sailing the same July 24th trip ( my DH's birthday)!

We are all family traveling together.

I'll have to find your group post.

I wish that they had some pictures or renderings of what the interior decor will look like on the Valor. They used to release pictures of the interior design months before the ship was released, but I guess they don't do that anymore.

Just think, in less than 3 months she will be making her maiden voyage. :D

Hi there,

Our whole family will be on the Valor, Jan. 30, also. All adults.

This is the first message I am replying to about this.

Just wanted to know if you or anyone can describe the culture of the ship, or any similar Carnival ship. We have sailed Celebrity twice and Norwegian once, and the "feeling" on those cruise lines is definitely different.

Celebrity makes you feel just that, a celebrity. They cant do enough to make you feel confortable. Everything was top of the line, (Mercury and Millennium).

We were on Norwegian Norway last year around spring break and although we are mature adults, we sometimes felt neglected or just not treated as special as on Celebrity.

Carnival bills itself as a "fun ship" cruise line. How would you characterize the onboard atmosphere?

Love to hear some replies.

Alice

While not as refined as Celebrity, Carnival has made great strides is service in recent years. We sailed on the Pride in 2002 and had the great service! As far as the atmosphere onboard, we were very pleased. Carnival still is a "Fun Ship" experience for the young and young at heart, yet they have also been working hard to draw a more mature and family oriented crowd onboard also. Activities range from pool games(we participated in a baloon race, while oru daughter participated in the boat design and race contest.....build a boat with anything onboard that will suport 6 coke cans and stay afloat.....and a frog race.....wind up frogs you decorate before racing), to art auctions. The food is improved also. The addition of the new supper clubs offer a more quiet and romantic alternative for dinner. The addition of more artwork throughout the new ships gives the public areas a warmer feel than the bright color schemes of the older ships. That was our impression of the Pride, we are hoping to find more of the same when we sail Valor in June.
Hope you enjoy the cruise!

Gary

Thanks for the info.
Although I am a former teacher and administrator, I dont want you to think I don't like kids. But.......... on our vacations I would dread being on a ship with teens and preteens running rampant. I know, our trip will be the end of January and most kids will be in school. Yes...............
We are young at heart. We love to dance and use the work out eqpt. But we also enjoy sitting by the pool and just relaxing. The two formal nights will be fun too.
Celebrity is all about elegant enjoyment and relaxation. Glad to hear that Carnival has made strides upward.
Alice

I will be sailing on the Valor on May 8th.
I will be with my husband, my then 15 year old daughter, and her friend.
ANYONE SAILING ON MAY 8TH??
Also very excited to sail on such a new ship.
We sailed on the Victory in June of 2002.
I just booked our reservations yesterday!!
Coming from Wisconsin, May is a good time to get away from here.
It's not warm enough here in May!!

Archived