Carnival to make an announcement in Mobile next week.

futaba951

Officials from Carnival Cruise Lines are expected in Mobile Monday for an announcement about the cruise ship business from Mobile.

The Holiday, which sails from Mobile, has been a success for Carnival, leading to speculation that Mobile could either receive a larger ship, or a second ship.

We've learned that other cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, have made inquiries about sailing from Mobile.

Anyone heard lately anything about the Holiday coming to Panama City, Fl like maybe 3 years from now? We've heard comments but nothing set in concrete yet. Anyone in the know?:)

So it might be even sooner that the Holiday would come to Panama City, Fl? I've heard they will skip Pensacola and sail out of the Port of Panama. I work across the street from the port and there are days I swear I see that red tail from my window. It would be wonderful to cross the street and be ready to board the ship.:D

So it might be even sooner that the Holiday would come to Panama City, Fl? I've heard they will skip Pensacola and sail out of the Port of Panama. I work across the street from the port and there are days I swear I see that red tail from my window. It would be wonderful to cross the street and be ready to board the ship.:D

Where are you getting this info from? This is the first mention of Panama City that I've ever seen. I guess the plot thickens, so to speak as Gulfport, MS, Charleston, SC and Corpus Christi are clamoring for a piece of the cruise action too. It seems there is a shortage of ships to go around until at least 2009. :)

Archived