Vibrations on Century?

jakenashleysmom

Does anyone have any info on supposed vibrations on Century? I also had read about vibrations on RCCL's Enchantment, and after sailing on her twice, still don't know what they are talking about. Also any info on cabins #1135 and #1137, noise wise? Thanks!:)

Does anyone have any info on supposed vibrations on Century? I also had read about vibrations on RCCL's Enchantment, and after sailing on her twice, still don't know what they are talking about. Also any info on cabins #1135 and #1137, noise wise? Thanks!:)

Hi Bonnie !

There are always minor vibrations here & there. I have been on Century many times, and never had any major vibration problems. I would not worry about it.

Enjoy your Cruise !

When we cruised on Century, we had a mid ship cabin (sky suite) on Deck 12 and never had a problem with either noise or vibrations. However, during dinner, while seated in the rear of the ship, the vibrations and noise were quite noticeable when the ship was pulling out of port. With this in mind, I would not book a cabin in the rear of the ship. BTW, Century was one of my favorite ships before it was refurbished and I am sure it is even more beautiful now.

on aft cabins on the Century when pulling in and out of port. They last about five minutes but they will wake you in the morning. With all that being said, the aft family cabins are the best cabins I have every had on a ship including a suite on the Horizon.

There is a vibration in the dining room every day at 6:15 pm to about 6:45.

I have been on board for four cruise and will be going again... It is a mystery and became a timed event.. give or take 5 - 15 minutes. We even had the maitre'd (Mario) at our table when it ocurred.. his phone went.. I told him to tell the captain to stop it... and when he hung up... it stopped. (He was not talking to the captain.. but it was a cruisincidence to remember...)

Thank you all for the info! I'm not a real "high maintanance" passenger, and I'm sure theres not a darn thing about this ship that will bother me! We are traveling with another couple, and just want to keep them up to speed about some things I've heard.

I am not concerned in the least, I could have fun in a paper bag, as long as theres a cocktail hour.:)

6 months.............yahoo!!!!:D

The vibration you feel may be azipod or stabilizer adjustments.

The Old Fart

Its the thrusters when they make port manueveurs. Only lasts five or ten minutes when the ship is coming into or leaving port. That is the reason you usually hear it in the dining room as this is when the ship usually leaves port.

Its the thrusters when they make port manuevers. Only lasts five or ten minutes when the ship is coming into or leaving port. That is the reason you usually hear it in the dining room as this is when the ship usually leaves port.

And when they're at sea they do it just for practice to prepare us for the next port... including the Transatlantic...:D

Chuckling here because we had early dining and I DO remember (with interest) watching the water vibrate in our water glasses a few nights!!! It was really entertaining! That particular cruise is still one of our favorites, so obviously it wasn't a bad thing! Wonderful service, food and atmosphere really detract from vibration!:D

Its the thrusters when they make port manueveurs. Only lasts five or ten minutes when the ship is coming into or leaving port. That is the reason you usually hear it in the dining room as this is when the ship usually leaves port.
You forget one thing when you are an old cuss and they crucify you. :rolleyes:

The Old Fart

Our first night on our first Century cruise the vibrations started as the waiter was getting ready to take our order.

One of our tablemates asked what it was.

His reply, "Oh, were sinking. You should order quickly.":D

Charlie

We were on the 9th deck and had no problem, but we were behind a couple at the main desk one day wishing to change rooms because they said it was so bad -- rousing them out of sleep. They were on the bottom deck, and probably, aft.

Our first night on our first Century cruise the vibrations started as the waiter was getting ready to take our order.

One of our tablemates asked what it was.

His reply, "Oh, were sinking. You should order quickly.":D

Charlie

Hi Charlie !

Thats a good one :)

I was in the very aft on deck 4 and there was way more than minor vibrations. My entire cabin shook for several minutes upon arriving in ports in the early morning. Maybe the higher decks are better? Anyway, the booking agent on the Century recommended not staying anywhere behind mid-ship on this class of Celebrity ships. We took her advice for our upcoming Mercury cruise. Besides that, I thought the Century was wonderful and would go back on her in a heartbeat!

Well, maybe I can coordinate my room service breakfast order time with the ship docking time, and count on the vibrations being my wake up call!

Since we're only docking in one port (Key West) and tendering in Grand Cayman, it should only be bothersome the very first day, and I wouldn't want to miss anything anyways!

Thanks for all the helpful info, we are way aft, but not to worry!:D

Archived