Hi girls...

I came up for air today and ordered my new fall handbag. I fell in love with this one the first time I saw it a few weeks ago. Well, a couple of large checks came in, I don't know why, I guess a couple of insurance companies decided they could't stall on paying the claims any longer so I splurged and here it is.

It's an YSL Muse bag in Olive. I wanted something besides brown or black. Has anyone else thought of anything new for fall yet?

I've already registered for fall classes and my summer classes are half over. Whew!!

Linda

BGV8494_mn.jpg.4fb270ff3865f82ea638b0dfe5eb97cc.jpg

Hello Linda!

You've been missed!

Love the bag. Great lines, and olive is a wonderful color!

Best wishes on your studies!

How long before you're Dr. Ryansmemom?

I'm just looking at new suits for fall, and of course new shoes. :)

~e

Hi, great bag, and I think olive is a good choice, wear in the best of health and happiness.

Good luck with your studies.

Yes, I've been looking at fall already, bought a pair of eskandar pants in charcoal flannel the other day and I ordered a couple of silk turtlenecks off the Net and I ordered a pair of olive corduroy pants off the net yesterday.

So fall is definitely on my mind. I always think of shoes for a new seasons also.

Nice bag! I think Olive is one of Jane's favorite colors!

You got that right! :)

There can never be too much black or olive in my closet!

Linda/ryansmemom,

So nice to see you! I've been wondering what you've been up to. Well, I'm glad to hear it's handbag shopping.

I LOVE your new bag! Enjoy wearing it!

I really haven't given any thoughts to fall clothes yet. I can't look at wool while I'm sweltering. I look at it from a professional viewpoint, but can't think about it personally. However, I have looked at some shoes and handbag styles (gee, what a surprise!) and have decided that I need a new olive bag. I have a C. Dior snakeskin one for dressy evening and a Chanel leather one for daytime, but I don't have anything in-between. Something to wear out to dinner. I'll also be looking for some new green boots.....would love a mid-heel with a small platform. I have a suede pair that I adore, however, bad weather limits their wearing, so I need a pair of leather ones.

That bag is fantastic!

I just bought a pair of glen plaid trousers, but haven't done any intensive fall shopping yet. I need (okay, want) a new fall jacket, and might look around this weekend.

Somehow when it's been in the upper 80s and mid to high 90s with 80% humidity for 2 weeks, fall shopping has not been on my list of things to do. Heck, I've spent the last few weeks trying to find a new swimsuit!

I just got the August Vogue and InStyle magazines. I think green bags are "very in" this season.

It's also suggesting red as the new black? Animal prints also seem to be a big item.

As long as it's not purple I don't mind. I'm just not a purple person.

Jane your Chanel bag will be just perfect for this season, I think green bags are the "it" color of the season that and maybe red also

I have had my head buried in my laptop. I just got a new one a Macbook pro. I told my husband I wished my student aid would pay for it and lo and behold a check arrived in the mail. I had already paid my tuition so they sent the money to me! Wow! It was enough to pay for the handbag as well! Not bad!

It will be a few years before I am Dr. Ryansmemom. My goal is 2009 including dissertation. It's 132 credits.

I am so happy you liked my little purchase. I can't wait to see it. Now I really don't have the time to get to the stores. I picked up some great buys on the summer clearances. After all, it's July time to clear those racks! I have been buying Elie Tahari lately. I love his designs.

I bought two fall skirts and some sweaters that went on sale. Mara was the style. Long sleeves and vee neck. Good for any season. He also does vests and a lot of good layering pieces. I actually got 2 tee shirts on e-bay for $5.99 each. Who knew? :D

I have also been buying Eileen Fisher, on sale at Saks. Nice pieces for under $50. She also sells nice layering pieces.

I got a pair of Stephen Dweck earrings on sale at Saks. They retail for $699. They are on sale on eBay for $299. Neiman Marcus had them on sale for $240. I bought them for $120. amazing I have found Saks to be cheaper then Neimans for some sale items.

I love hearing about everyone's great buys.

Fishwoman- Did you actually find a swimsuit? It's July. Are they still selling them?

Mrs Moose- Your purchases sound wonderful. I know you like Eskander. Where did you buy your silk turtleneck?

MrsRed- Shoes are a real weakness of mine. Please post pictures when you buy them.

Gordonchick- I like purple too-just not mixed with olive!

Blue Herons- How about you? You usually can be counted on for something wonderful.

Caviar Girl- I have absolute confidence that you will find the perfect bag for yourself.

Jane- An olive Chanel bag!!! How glorious. That is the ultimate. Please post a picture. I am so please to have your expert opinion on my chioce of bag. Thank you.

Thank you everyone!

Linda

Ryansmom, I got the silk turtlenecks at Neiman Marcus website. $58 each. I bought 2 black and 2 white but not together, lol, I ordered the black first and got those and they were so good I called and ordered the white which have not arrived as yet but they were just shipped out yesterday.

The cords I ordered from the Bloomingdales website. Probably 3 weeks till I see those, one olive one black. Remember everything I get has to be passed through customs so it always takes longer for me to get my stuff.

Yes, I like eskandar, not everything works for me but every so often I find a piece I love. Last year I got a great tweedy cashmere cardigan which will work fantastic with the pants this year. I love that sweater and I bought a linen top with long sleeves this spring from eskandar which works well with khaki and jeans. eskandar I can buy here, not the biggest selection but at least I an actually take it home with me. Internet shopping is great but not as much fun as instore shopping.:)

You are right Eileen Fisher makes nice layering pieces.

Congrats on your wonderful finds, wear everything in the best of health and happiness:)

Hi Linda,

Love the color and shape of the bag!

We finally made our move to middle TN. They don't have my favorite shopping stores here (Nordstrom, etc), So I'd like to know if you would share some of your favorite shopping stores. We had a fire on the way here and I lost almost all my work clothes so I deperately need to replace them. Hope you and Lou are doing well. We hope to squeeze in a HAL cruise later this year. Happy Sailing!

Linda/ryansmemom,

Sorry, but I don't have a pic of my olive green Chanel bag. It's kind ot a tote stye, with their traditional diamond-patterned stitching. It's not huge, more of a square shape. No metal, all leather.

To be honest, I don't love it - only because the straps are too short to hang on my shoulder. For those who travel in cars, which is most people here, it wouldn't be a problem. However, I spend most of my time walking and any bags or packages - whether from the grocery store, dry-cleanining or any other store - have to be carried and if I can't put my handbag on my shoulder it's annoying. My DH bought it for me last Channukah when we were in the Chanel store and I was so excited about finding such a beautiful, green bag I broke my own rule (never buy a daytime bag that doesn't fit on my shoulder). I'll never break that rule again!

Kudo's on the Stephen Dweck earrings.....what a score! All your other purchases sound so FAB too! Enjoy!

Jane

Hi all

Lynne,

I'm glad you and Chuck are settled. A fire!! How horrible. Are you both OK??:confused: I don't know of any stores in TN. People have to shop? Or are you stuck with the Internet? I usually do quite well there? Stay in touch. E-mail me.

Jane,

How sad, a Chanel bag you don't love. I know what you mean about the strap length. I feel the same way. I need to have my day bag on my shoulder, too. But what a shame. It's too bad you can't trade it in and get an upgrade.

Linda

:)

Hi Linda,

Love the color and shape of the bag!

We finally made our move to middle TN. They don't have my favorite shopping stores here (Nordstrom, etc), So I'd like to know if you would share some of your favorite shopping stores. We had a fire on the way here and I lost almost all my work clothes so I deperately need to replace them. Hope you and Lou are doing well. We hope to squeeze in a HAL cruise later this year. Happy Sailing!

Sorry to hear about a fire, good luck in your new home and replacing your stuff

Archived