Cruise protocal

CruisySuzy

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this website. My husband and I started following the postings prior to our infamous cruise last week on the crown princess. Anyway I have two questions for the more experienced cruisers (this was only our 3rd cruise on a big cruise boat we are used to sailboats)

What does Code Alpha mean? and describe an official roll call?

Fortunately my husband and I, and the couple we were traveling with (their 2nd cruise) were not hurt except for bumps and bruises and some emotional scars( having trouble sleeping etc) .

We are just trying to come to grips with the situation, so I appreciate this forum to help us through!

Kind Regards

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this website. My husband and I started following the postings prior to our infamous cruise last week on the crown princess. Anyway I have two questions for the more experienced cruisers (this was only our 3rd cruise on a big cruise boat we are used to sailboats)

What does Code Alpha mean? and describe an official roll call?

Fortunately my husband and I, and the couple we were traveling with (their 2nd cruise) were not hurt except for bumps and bruises and some emotional scars( having trouble sleeping etc) .

We are just trying to come to grips with the situation, so I appreciate this forum to help us through!

Kind Regards

Code Alfa is a medical emergency

Code Bravo is a fire...

I am glad you seem ok...and I am sorry that it happened.

An official roll call would be going through the passenger list to see where everyone was.

Smeyer is correct in regards to the official roll call. To add onto a roll call Cruise Critic also has roll calls for each line on this site. The next time you go on a cruise go and find the appropriate roll call and join in. It is a great way to meet people who are on Cruise Critic and also on your sailing. I have been on a few roll calls and I have met some terrific people and some of them have become very, very dear friends.

Marilyn

Thank you for your quick responses. I guess I'm concerned about the roll call, because I don't think a "roll call" happening on the crown after the incident?

Do you know if you must go to your muster station so that a roll call can be completed using a list of the passangers on board? Would I have known if there was a roll call?

Thank you for your quick responses. I guess I'm concerned about the roll call, because I don't think a "roll call" happening on the crown after the incident?

Do you know if you must go to your muster station so that a roll call can be completed using a list of the passangers on board? Would I have known if there was a roll call?

Hello CruisySuzy,

I'm glad that you are safe and sound.

You would have been notified from the bridge to report to your muster stations by means of a public announcement and the ship's horns. Once there the staff would have taken an offical roll call if they deemed it necessary.

Another CC member Merion Mom who was on your cruise said that announcements were made for people to meet up with their groups at Club Fusion and report any "missing" persons to the pursar's office.

Archived