1394 balcony compared to 7388

We are booked in 7388 on the 9 night Explorer. I notices that the JS 1394 is available. I'm not sure if it is worth an extra $1000 to upgrade to the JS.

How do the balconies compare? Would i be giving up balcony space for cabin space? Also, is the 3rd bed in the JS a pullman or sofabed?

You will not be giving up space in the cabin it is bigger you get a bathtub, a bigger bathroom, a much larger closet that doubles at least for us a dressing room, the room is bigger the balcony is about the same size. We are 4 we did a balcony once and JS ever since and we would never go back. When we have had them there were 4 so it was a pullout sofa not sure when it is three but the key on the deck plan should show you. Big plus for us deck 10 is closer to pools, windjammer and johnnys.

Hope it helps.

Lisa

Thanks for the opinions. While I would like to have the extra room in the cabin, I am not sure it is worth the extra $$. If things get crowded in our cabin we can always hang out on the balcony.

The corner aft balconies are huge on deck 7. They are among the largest corner aft balconies. I would stay with that if you care more about the balcony size.

I agree - if I had 7388, I wouldn't upgrade or move.

Thanks for the opinions. While I would like to have the extra room in the cabin, I am not sure it is worth the extra $$. If things get crowded in our cabin we can always hang out on the balcony.
That's exactly what we did. "We" is Mom and two kids, now 18 & 20, but 14 & 16 the first time we had 7688.

When my daughter and I were getting ready, we just locked my son out on on the balcony. He preferred that to going somewhere on board and waiting for us. It really DOES just about double your space; it's like having a two-room suite.

We've had 7688/7388 three times now. (the third bed IS a pullman)

Archived