Anyone stay at the Extended Stay America Ft. Lauderdale on SE 17th Street????

Skitter

Help!!! We have rooms booked at AmeriSuites on 17th thru Value Trips and rooms booked at the Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street. It will be for one night pre cruise in December. In your opinion which is a better hotel? We just want a clean room in that location. Also thought about the Holiday Inn Express on 17th it's about $40.00 to $50.00 more than the others. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Skitter

You are probably better off staying at the Amerisuites. Don't get me wrong, the Extended Stay was just fine, but from what I have read (mainly on here), the Amerisuites price is cheaper when purchased on Valutrips AND the hotel has been/is being remodeled.

The location for either is great, lots of stuff within walking distance.

Amerisuites has been getting (very) mixed reviews on this board. I was there twice last summer (booked through Priceline) and definitely would NOT choose it again until post renovations... but that is just me. The renovations have not begun yet, and from what I hear, are not expected to begin before the new year. In the meantime, upkeep is limited at best. Also, rumor on this forum has it that they are now charging $12/night to park while you cruise... a perk that up until this time was free.

Do a search for more opinions.

Good luck!

A~

Archived