Venice airport to ship by private water taxi help please

SandyR5

Sandy, from the Venice Boat and Guide website it appears you can get directly to the pier but not by water taxi. The way I'm reading it is they will take you to a transfer spot (can't remember the name right now) and then take you to the pier by limo since the port charges an "exorbitant" fee for Water Taxis.. It's 90 Euros from a hotel to the pier - didn't notice how much from the airport. I emailed them and they told me to check the change on the website before we decided to reserve. I thought that was strange - could have just explained it.

I tried to email the Venezia Taxi website and got all kind of warnings about an unsecure site blah blah so I didn't do it.

We still have some time so I'm hoping we can find a relatively easy way. If it was just Herb and me we could handle the luggage and the walking but with Sr it's going to be more difficult. I'm sure we'll find a way and I'm sure it won't be cheap!

Lou

Hi - That map makes it look like the water taxi route is quite long and it would definitely pass St. Marks Square as well as lots of other sights...but it looks like it would take a long, long time.

According to the timetable schedules, The Aliluguna Airport Shuttle Bus takes about 1 1/4 hours from the airport to San Marco (St. Marks Square) on their Blue or Red lines (11 euro/person). Their Gold ORO express service which goes directly to San Marco takes 1 hour (25 euro/person). Check their website for times of departure and arrival at all stops around the island of Venizia.

But, the ride is supposed to be a great way to be introduced to Venice, no matter how long the ride. For those of you not at the St. Marks area, the extra time will probably take you up the Grand Canal, or possibly other smaller canals. Some routes may go around the West end, rather than the east end.

By the way, there are also problems going to or from the port, similar to the ones FROM the airport.

We'll be so stressed out resolving thius issue, that we'll really enjoy relaxing on our cruise. Sure we will !!!! Not easy on this port intensive cruise.

I e-mailed my hotel regarding the situation with water taxis, and they confirmed that it is very difficult to get from the hotel to the cruise ship dock. No problem from the airport to the hotel, but there are now "additional costs" that did not apply when I first booked the hotel.

What we would have to do now is take the water taxi to P. Roma, then a land taxi to the ship.

Too much uncertainty for me, so I have cancelled our original hotel and booked the Sofitel, which is near P. Roma. We will take the "blue ATVO bus" from the airport at a cost of 3 Euros each (includes luggage). The Sofitel is very close walking distance to where we get off the bus. Then the next morning we will take the land taxi to the ship.

We will take the water bus down to St. Marks along the grand canal, and just consider it part of our "experience in Venice".!!!

Well, after all is said and thought about, I guess we'll just have to skip our great beginning of a trip plan and just take a land taxi from the airport right to the ship. We'll be there in about 20 minutes, check in, drop our carry-ons in the room, have lunch and take the water shuttle to St. Marks Square to start our first day of sightseeing. I really thought that the water taxi from the airport to the ship would be one of the highlights of our trip. :( Guess there will be many other highlights. :)

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
I disembark 2 time in Venice, I suggest a land taxi, 20 minutes trip, I suggest lowcostaxihttp://www.lowcostaxi.net I paid 50 euros for 2 people and luggage 5

Were you satisfied with lowcost taxi?? Were they waiting for you when you got off of the plane?

Thanks!

I should add here that there will be breathtaking scenery and views of St Mark's Square as the ship sails away---- no one should miss this, especially if their time in Venice has been little to none.

I will second the "be sure to be on the upper deck of the ship" as it sails out of Venice. We did it the other way when we sailed in and I still pull up those pictures and are amazed at how much we could see of the city.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived