Unorthodox question, I know....

FriscoLady

I know this odd for the Carnival thread, but has anyone been on the Norwegian Dream since it has been in Houston? I'm looking at possibly booking it for January or February 2007 but have seen so many mixed reviews that I am confused. It seems no one is luke warm on their opinon of this ship, it's a love/hate thing.:cool:

I've just spent the last hour or so on the Norwegian board reading reviews, and those people scared me! I had to come back where I feel it is safe to post. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good information before this gets moved!:D

Thanks in advance, you all are the best.:p

I think you have the norwegian and carnival boards mixed up, you say you came back to the carnival boards because the the talk on the norwegian boards scared you, but you are still on the norwegian boards.you need to move your question to the carnival board.

martin

This post was originally posted on the Carnival board, but was moved here by the moderators.

Sorry, ldr4girls -- I was on the ship a long time ago, so I don't have an answer to your question. Hopefully, someone will come along soon with updated information.

I know this odd for the Carnival thread, but has anyone been on the Norwegian Dream since it has been in Houston? I'm looking at possibly booking it for January or February 2007 but have seen so many mixed reviews that I am confused. It seems no one is luke warm on their opinon of this ship, it's a love/hate thing.:cool:

I've just spent the last hour or so on the Norwegian board reading reviews, and those people scared me! I had to come back where I feel it is safe to post. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good information before this gets moved!:D

Thanks in advance, you all are the best.:p

They moved your post as you probably noticed...

The Dream is fine.You should enjoy her no problem. Relax and I think you will have a great time.

Any cruise beats being at work :)

Karen

Lisa63 & Babyblue,

Thanks! I spent quite a bit of time looking up reviews this morning and there were so many "flaming" responses whenever there was a difference of opinion, I was afraid to post here. Thank you for being kind.

I've been on the Norwegian Sea and though it did not have a lot of "glitz", I thought it was quite nice. Then again, I've never met a cruise I didn't like!:D My concern is this- I'm actually planning a group cruise and I don't want the other people to be disappointed if the Dream is really not what they are used to. Since, I have not been lucky enough to try her myself, I don't know what to tell people to expect. On the Sea, the food was VERY good as was the entertainment. I, personally, don't care for the "freestyle" dining, but that's not a deal breaker. Can anyone compare the Dream to the Sea, or even to the Carnival Celebration, Elation, or Conquest?

I've been on both N. Dream and N. Sea. (More precisely, Dreamward - pre-stretch - and Seaward, but I think my comments will still apply.)

One huge difference is in the cabins. The standard outside cabins on N. Dream are much larger. There is even a sitting area in these cabins, complete with sofas, some of which convert into sleepers.

N. Dream also has fabulous, cascading aft decks. Lots of places to sun. There's a wonderful aft swimming pool, too. And, the aft dining rooms have a great many number of windows offering great views of the sea. Other than SS Norway and QE2, my favorite dining rooms onboard ship have been on N. Dream and her sister, N. Wind.

Now, as I haven't been onboard since the stretch, I can't comment on the flow of the ship. But if you liked N. Sea, I am pretty sure you will like N. Dream, too.

I've been on both N. Dream and N. Sea. (More precisely, Dreamward - pre-stretch - and Seaward, but I think my comments will still apply.)

One huge difference is in the cabins. The standard outside cabins on N. Dream are much larger. There is even a sitting area in these cabins, complete with sofas, some of which convert into sleepers.

N. Dream also has fabulous, cascading aft decks. Lots of places to sun. There's a wonderful aft swimming pool, too. And, the aft dining rooms have a great many number of windows offering great views of the sea. Other than SS Norway and QE2, my favorite dining rooms onboard ship have been on N. Dream and her sister, N. Wind.

Now, as I haven't been onboard since the stretch, I can't comment on the flow of the ship. But if you liked N. Sea, I am pretty sure you will like N. Dream, too.

Great information! And thanks for the tip on the aft pool/deck area!:D

I just dont know what it is about NCL reviews. You do seem to find so many negative reviews as compared to the other lines message boards. It cant help but make you wonder if there is some truth to it, still after sailing NCL 2 times now, and both ships did have a lot of negative reviews... Was not my experience at all.... Just cant explain the why for this

We are just back from the NCL Dawn and we loved the ship and had a great time. The food was very good. I was really worried about this ship after all the bad reviews but everything was great. I think your trip is what you make it. I was worried at first because we never saw the room steward. I left a note and all I asked for was taken care of. Never saw the steward until the 4th day and wouldn't have seen him then but forgot my sunglasses and had to go back to the cabin after them. Go with an open mind and you will have a good time. Vicki

I just dont know what it is about NCL reviews. You do seem to find so many negative reviews as compared to the other lines message boards. It cant help but make you wonder if there is some truth to it, still after sailing NCL 2 times now, and both ships did have a lot of negative reviews... Was not my experience at all.... Just cant explain the why for this

I don't think there are any more negative reviews on NCL than some of the others; right now Celebrity is getting blasted up one side and down the other. If it isn't for the NORO virus it's the Galaxy or the Zenith. Several are saying the Century renovations was a joke. The big difference with NCl, has to do with 1-people cruising the older ships that were not originally designed for freestyle cruising and those who don't totally understand freestyle. As for the Dream it is a love/hate ship the same as the Sea was. NMnita

The quality of responses you get is strictly limited by the quality of your thread title. No one clicks on every discussion so if your title is very vague it'll probably be skipped by most everyone.

I agree with Mike - and I really have no idea what the title means and what is UNORTHODOX about it. ???

Hey all!

I sailed the NCL Dream in March. It was nice...not flashy...not a huge ship...but nice!

I found the food a bit inconsistent....only ate in the main dining rooms...service always good. Some items were so good I ordered a second...some were "eh". But everyone's taste is different. At lunch there was a vegetarian buffet table in the sports bar with Indian specialties that were way above average! I ate there every lunch after I found it.

Entertainment: I thought the performers were great...but that there was a lack of "Production Value" (i.e. scenery, lighting, etc...) for such a big and glitzy theatre.

Ports of call were wonderful! Roatan and Belize City especially.

If you are traveling with more than two people in the room? Try using the showers [huge tiled showers!] and steam and sauna at the fitness center! Tons of towels and I was always the only one in there. I never once showered in the room.

HLR

I agree with Mike - and I really have no idea what the title means and what is UNORTHODOX about it. ???

Unusual in that I was asking about a Norwegian ship on the Carnival board. At least I was until the moderators moved the thread. I figured they would, but my goodness they were speedy!:D Thanks for all the good advice everyone!

I've just spent the last hour or so on the Norwegian board reading reviews, and those people scared me! Hopefully I'll be able to get some good information before this gets moved!:D

Too late!!!!!

BOO!!:D

But seriously, if it's anything like the Spirit, you'll love it.

I think the "unorthodox" part is because this was originally posted on the Carnival board.

(Oops, I see the OP has already responded. Oh well!)

Archived