Taxi or Tour Guide Callao/Lima

jbrowne

We are Infinity's 11/19 cruise. In Lima, we would like to spend the day seeing the city and the Gold Museum. This might include some walking around time because I was last in Lima nearly 50 years ago and would like to revisit some places downtown. Should we engage a taxi at the pier for the day or go tavi to taxi as we progress, or hire a tour company? None of the ship tours fit.

We had the same problem in March this year.

I just posted info today on the SA board which covers what you are asking about. It might help you decide.

If you go to the post which is headed up "Review of Regal Princess Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale" by Makai 7 (dont click the link) and scroll until you find the port/touring info for Lima, theres quite a lot of info on Lima/taxis/tours etc.

You can also find lots more info from past posts and replies by using the SEARCH THIS FORUM button on this SA board (on the right) by inserting LIMA (or wherever. else you want to find info on)

It isnt a duplicate. I was only just posting the port info on the other thread at the same time you were asking this question.:)

Because of the rules on CC (see above, their "ports of call posting guidelines", effective April this year) I was not able to give the tour companies names unlessl someone asks for them. You are asking, so I can give, but to keep that info on the same thread as the port info, would it be possible for you to ask the same question on that thread and I will answer it there? That way if anyone else is looking they have the port info and tour co info together. Thank you. I hope it was useful info and that some of the other ports info with it was also helpful as you may be calling into some of them.

And I asked on CC about whether or not to do a private tour after we received the quotes, but before going ahead and booking it. I got a number of useful replies which you might find helpful to read. Its on the next page, last entry dated March 5th or thereabouts. Its headed up "Lima safety/tour info please". After reading these we went ahead and booked.

We had a wonderful trip. I hope you enjoy yours.

I guess you did not find it. Its nothing to do with Celebrity. Its the one I referred you to on #2. All the info on this one below. Hope you find it this time.

Unfortunately I cannot give you the actual link or it will take you straight over to REVIEWS rather than the actual post on the SA board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22nd, 2006, 06:21 PM

makai 7 user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifReview of Regal Princess: Valpariaso-Fort Lauderdale Mar 22 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

When we did this SA cruise in January 2005 we had a wonderful private tour in Lima and I can highly recoommend our tour company & guide.

If you want a list of my tour guides - e-mail me at ann @ century 21 vancouver . com

Enjoy your wonderful cruise.

Archived