Excursions

ama22

Can someone please help? I'm researching private tour guides for ports in the Med, but need some info on Ship Excursions first. I've been looking at SD's excursions, but have a few questions.

Do they split the passengers going on the ship excursion into small groups? Do you have free time in the ports if you take a ship excursion?

Are the guides good? Do most people use the ship excursions or private tours?

Thanks,

Mary Lou

It really depends on wht you are looking for, we are usually familar with the ports and like to be by ourselves and see exactly what we are looking to do (lunches with gtreat views and shopping primarily) so we always do private.

If you were looking to socialize on board and meet up other interesting people the tours can be fun and most that SD organize give what they describe, we have taken them in the carribean and they have always been fine

Thanks for responding! Are the ship excursions in large groups? That's what I'm trying to avoid. If they are large I would rather hire a private guide in some of the ports. Would a call to SD help me get a better idea?

Thanks again.

Best I can tell, there is no such thing as a large group on SD. All the excursions we have taken (I think it is 7) have been in a van with anywhere from 4 to 10 in a group. The tender has often taken us ashore or back to the ship just us 2. Have fun.

Jim.

Archived