Weather on POH/getting kicked off?

Weird combo of questions but...

What time do you have to get out of your room on the last day of the cruise? I was wondering if I can sleep in until 9am, get breakfast and then be one of the last groups to get off at 10ish? If I have to leave my room early I think I would rather have to carry our own luggage off at 7amish but would rather the first scenario and sleep in!

Also, I was wondering how cool the weather will be on the water. What should I wear in the evening while we are on deck?

Thanks,

Jenn

Though I have not been on POH,most ships make enough noise and room stewards are so busy, you will NOT HAVE ANY DESIRE to hang around. They make announcements early and loud and activity levels up and down the hall are hectic.

That's a nice idea, sleeping in, but I've never been able to do it with all the noise in the hallways, the cabin stewards knocking on doors, cleaning rooms, the announcements, passengers talking loudly in the hallways, etc. Maybe if you bring a pair of ear plugs it would work?

Also, I was wondering how cool the weather will be on the water. What should I wear in the evening while we are on deck?

Thanks,

Jenn

The only time it was cool was Vocano National Park and at the top of Haleakala mountain.

Regarding the weather on the water. It really depends on the time of year. Although there really aren't any huge differences in temperatures (less than 10 degrees year round), the winter evenings can get cool enough that even us haole mainlanders do want a very light sweater. It's certainly likely to be cool in the dining rooms and other indoor venues, and no doubt will be windy on deck, but it's unlikely to be actually cold at any time on the water.

If you are going to VNP, Haleakala, or the summits of Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa, you will need a jacket at least (and long pants in the early morning at Haleakala and all day on Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa). Otherwise, the most you will ever need is a very light sweater or wrap in the winter in the evenings (and even then only during "cool" spells--again, relative term).

beachchick

Archived