Dress-up or not?

I would like to thank everyone with the advise you gave my family about the Jewel of the Seas....We are new to Royal Caribbean, I was wondering how dressed-up everyone gets for formal night. When we were on Carnival my DH and DS were in a suit, I in my evening dress and my DD in a beautiful princess dress (she is 9) When we went to dinner my family kind of suck out like a sore thumb.....everyone but a few selected people were pretty casual. I plan on wearing the same type of clothing on the Jewel...Think we will be ok? I know it is a personal preference...but just asking. Thanks :)

I think your family will look marvelous! And the photos you can have taken will be wonderful memories.....

We love to dress for dinner, and enjoy the dining experience. New friends, try new foods, and wonderful desserts.

Enjoy the cruise.

I am not sure what Carnival ship you were on but on all 3 of mine the dressed up out numbered the not, by a great deal. I always dress up and plan to on my next two. I probably dress up too much for the casual night, but I don't care.

What you are planning to wear sounds really nice and make sure you get a formal picture with your family all dressed up.

You will definitely fit right in on Royal Caribbean. There's a range from cocktail attire (suits and shorter dresses) to very formal attire (tuxes and gowns) on the dressy nights. Very few people will dress casually, and they will be the ones who stick out.

:o I am leaving on a cruise with RCCL on Sept. 10th...already bought my 2 LONG formals and plan to wear them on formal night in the dinning room. My hubby has his nice, new suit bought..our friends are dressing formal also who are going with us.

As far as I understand from many, MANY past RCCL passengers...they have and still DO dress in formals, tux, suits and cocktail dresses on formal nights. I don't think you will stick out like a sore thumb with RCCL.

If you have formal type attire and want to wear it....DO! This is your cruise vacation...wear what you want and enjoy the cruise experience to the fullest on formal nights!

:o Happy Cruising!:o

I would like to thank everyone with the advise you gave my family about the Jewel of the Seas....We are new to Royal Caribbean, I was wondering how dressed-up everyone gets for formal night. When we were on Carnival my DH and DS were in a suit, I in my evening dress and my DD in a beautiful princess dress (she is 9) When we went to dinner my family kind of suck out like a sore thumb.....everyone but a few selected people were pretty casual. I plan on wearing the same type of clothing on the Jewel...Think we will be ok? I know it is a personal preference...but just asking. Thanks :)

You'll blend right in. The majority of people on RCCL still seem to dress up on formal nights. Some however will dress for dinner and then switch back to their casual clothes afterwards.

We were on Brilliance a few months back--even on "casual" nights, the women were dressed to impress. (The men tended to be a bit more casual--but who's looking at them anyway?!) Go ahead--dress up! It's fun, and you'll look fabulous!

I'm wondering, was you Carnival cruise a 3 or 4 day cruise? The shorter cruises now tend to be far less dressy, from what I read here on these boards.

The only time I've ever cruised Carnival was in 1999, a 4 day and everyone was dressed to the hilt. How things do change in such a short amount of time.

I'd rather be overdressed than under dressed.

Archived