VOYAGER & NAVIGATOR - covered pools?

I am confused. If there is a solarium and there are hot tubs, isn't there a pool also? Or is it just a solarium area with hot tubs?

Sorry I confused you. The Solarium has 1 pool and 2 hot tubs. The pool is in the center of the uncovered Solarium. The hot tubs are off to each side and thus are covered by the deck above. Hope that helps.

Do both these ships have solarium pools -i.e. pools which can be covered in inclement weather, such as transatlantics and early Med cruises?

As far as I know... Solarium areas onboard Royal Caribbean ships (at least the bigger ones; Vision class and up) have a retractable roof. On the cruises I've been on, it was rare for them to open it.

Looking at Royal Caribbean's Website has this statement concerning both the Voyager and the Navigator's Solarium:

"An indoor/outdoor pool and lounge area with retractable roof (adults only)."

Officially, they allow kids into the pool area during limited daytime hours. Hope that is what you wanted to know ... basically, Solarium = indoor pool

As far as I know... Solarium areas onboard Royal Caribbean ships (at least the bigger ones; Vision class and up) have a retractable roof. On the cruises I've been on, it was rare for them to open it.

Looking at Royal Caribbean's Website has this statement concerning both the Voyager and the Navigator's Solarium:

"An indoor/outdoor pool and lounge area with retractable roof (adults only)."

Officially, they allow kids into the pool area during limited daytime hours. Hope that is what you wanted to know ... basically, Solarium = indoor pool

Sorry, but this in incorrect. Solariums on Voyager class ships are uncovered with no roofs, retractable or otherwise. The RCI website is flat out wrong.

Oh dear - difference of opinion here!!

Anyone have the e-mail address of the Captain of the Voyager and I could ask him to go down to check?!!!!!!!

LOL we had this debate on another thread ahwile back. I tried to find the thread but can't locate it. I'd happily wager the cruise of my choice if anyone is up to it though! :)

That is not the case on my cruise. The signs clearly said, adult only and I saw the pool attendants chase parents with kids off a couple of times.

The solariums on the Voyager class ships are definitely NOT covered. They are on the Vision and Radiance classes. To me, the fact that the solariums are not covered on the Voyager class ships is the most disappointing feature of otherwise beautiful ships.

Like a complete tool, I went by what Royal Caribbean's website offered. On the Radiance and Vision, I've experienced an enclosed pool.

Putting two an two together, I expected that they would do the same for the bigger Voyager class... which is exactly what their website claims. However, a quickie search for people's travel photos online proves otherwise. No retractable roof, whirlpools are recessed under the deck, and the Solarium is open to the elements. I'm definately chagrined that I trusted Royal Caribbean's website. God forbid.

As far as "Adults Only", depends on which cruise you go on. Both of the ones that I've done had the Solarium advertised an hour for kids. It was on a little sign as I entered. Either way... the kids sneak in at all times (which is bothersome).

Either way, hope someone takes you up on that bet, because no takers here.

I've been on Mariner and Navigator (dates below). The solarium doesn't have a roof on either ship. At no time were children allowed during either cruise. I would imagine it's only on ships with the retractable roof that feel it necessary to allow children in the pool.

I've been on Mariner and Navigator (dates below). The solarium doesn't have a roof on either ship. At no time were children allowed during either cruise. I would imagine it's only on ships with the retractable roof that feel it necessary to allow children in the pool.

Which was exactly the case. Retractable roof ... children were allowed during a specific time (but still ran rampant during other times).

Wow... I'm having a bad morning. Anyone want to tell me I'm even more of an idiot than I already feel? C'mon... whipping boy here...

On a side note concerning how people misread tone of other's writing:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0515/p13s01-stct.html

http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et031502.htm

Which was exactly the case. Retractable roof ... children were allowed during a specific time (but still ran rampant during other times).

Wow... I'm having a bad morning. Anyone want to tell me I'm even more of an idiot than I already feel? C'mon... whipping boy here...

On a side note concerning how people misread tone of other's writing:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0515/p13s01-stct.html

http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et031502.htm

It's no big deal; your intentions were good. Just have another cup of coffee. :) I don't think anyone is beating up on you; don't make it personal. My posts are just very direct. Sorry if that style doesn't sit well with you.

There there Daksy!! Don't feel bad!! If you book another cruise, it will make you feel better!!

Thank you all - NO roof - bad news for our transatlantic!! On the upside, I can never get a seat there anyway!! The seats there are occupied by towels and books etc.!! Last time I threw a wobbly- bit of screaming that I was going to complain and lo and behold I was offered two seats!!

Archived