Alaska Tour Saver Coupon Book

Elliern

I have already booked with Capt. Larry and Kenai Fjords tours. We also have our lodging in Anchorage for after the cruise. Would it be worth while to get this book for future savings on other tours/excursions or maybe even to use them on those already booked if they would give us refund. I have read that some would not honor the coupons and others who never used any of them. Then others who saved a bunch. If someone could give me real scoop on this, sure would appreciate it. We sail on Carnival Spirit Aug. 11, 2004.

Thanks

Ellie

Orca Enterprises does not participtate and with Kenai Fjords it is only good on the 10am Aialik Glacier tour. I wouldn't consider the shorter tour if you want to see significant wildlife. I don't use toursaver for lodging, usually no savings for me and I greatly prefer B&B's. Take a look at the coupon options and decide if it is worthwhile for you. http://www.toursaver.com

Thanks for the reply. We are taking the 11:30 cruise of 6 hours. When I made my reservations they told me that it DID go to the Aialik glacier and that there was a coupon in the tour book. They gave us AARP discount and the lady said all I had to do was let them know when/if we got the coupon and they would refund the difference when I gave them the coupon. But it is not worth the price of the book if we can't use it elsewhere.

Now, I am concerned that we may not be going to the glacier. The cruise is 110 miles round trip. and when you look at the map, it does show it going there. The 10 am Cruise goes to Northwestern part of the Fjords, at least on the map that is what it shows. They do have a 4 hour Resurrection Bay cruise,tho. But that is not what I intended to get.

Thanks

Ellie

No the 10 am tour does NOT go to Northwestern- the 9am does as it is 9 + hour boat tour. Look again- the coupon is for the combo 6 hour cruise with Fox Island salmon bake. I have gone on the 6 hour tours that used to state Holgate glacier but did continue on to Aialik, but NOT on even half of the trips I have gone on. I assume they now go to Aialik most trips? If they said they will take the coupon then I assume they will, but I would call and get names etc verifying this. In the past the coupon was only for specific tours. Look over the coupon book options and see if anything else is of interest? Southeast Aviation and Talkeetna Aero are excellent offers.

Thanks Budget Queen, I will definitely give them a call. At least it will ease my anxiety about not being sure what I have booked. I also went to the tour saver book as you suggested and it does show only the coupon for the $129 tour. Not the $115 one that I booked. So I will also verify that they will accept that coupon. I certainly don't want to order the book if I can't use the coupon at all. There is only one other excursion that we might be interested in doing, but not sure we could arrange the time. Thanks again for you help

Ellie

Hi,we just got back from a 12day cruise/tour to Alaska on Celebrity. The Toursaver book saved us hundreds of dollars! First of all, You need to have the book with you for all uses, you cannot detach the coupons. Second, some coupons have limitations. For example, Cabin Nite theater in Denali will only take a coupon for the 8:30 show, not the 5:30. We tried to use a coupon for a plane flight/glacier landing in Talkeetna. The coupon was only good for a 6 or 7 PM flight. These were booked, but we received a 20% discount for another time which still saved us quite a bit.

If anyone is interested, we have a Toursaver book for sale with only the Misty Fjords seaplane and Glacier Gardens coupons used. Please email me at finberg777@aol.com

when I made my ressie for the dinner theatre, I told them I had the book. it's the 5:30 show and my confirmation shows 2 adults, but only charged for 1.

Kenai fjord we're doing the 3pm trip (6 hr) and they won't accept the coupon, only for the 10am which we wouldnt' make as the train doesn't get in till 11.

not sure where else we'll use the book, hope it was worthwhile!

Most of our trip was pre-booked thru Gray Line ,but we bought the book and still got our money's worth out of it . We didn't use it all on the Inside passage ,but did the Prince Wm. Sound Tour ,rented a car from Avis in Anchorage and went on the Alayeska Tram , saving about $100.00. We have 2 books to sell if interested . Yes- you can't remove the coupons from the book ,and some are limited ,but go on one boat-tour and the book has paid for itself. Check out their website ,they list all of the offers.

Can you buy the book in Vancouver? Is there a place in Ketchikan where it can be purchased. I know the web site said it could be purchased in Carr's, just not sure where all they are located.

Ellie

In 2002, I definately used the coupon book for an afternoon trip (5 hours maybe) on Kenai Fjords. I only called two days ahead to book based on the weather report and they happily took the coupon. I still have the 2002 book so I'll look tonite to see which one it was. We LOVED the trip -- it was our favorite part of a great two weeks in Alaska.

Also, we used the coupons at Portage Glcier (freebies) and the wildlife safari, Alyeska, Carr's film processing, salmon fishing in Soldotna, and the rafting in Cooper Landing. Well worth buying.

Archived