Best time of year - Tahiti

kadiebug12

We went at the end of February through the first part of March. We had realtively good weather for the summer months. There were some tropical showers, but for them most part it was quite warm and ideal for snorkeling. I would think that later in March or April would be better weather; but the TP doesn't do the Marquesas itinerary after the end of February.

We were there in March, 2004 and it was supposed to be the rainy season but didn't really see any rain. The water is clear as clear and warm.

The best times to visit according to the books etc. is from May to October when it is not so humid and the rain has disappeared but I think anytime is perfect in "Paradise".

Jennie

Thanks for the guidance everyone. We found great deals for this coming January so we've put a request in for a cabin. As long as the price hasn't changed since yesterday we're going to book! I know it's going to be warm and humid, but we live in Miami so we're used to it. :) I love the warm water (the warmer the better) for snorkeling so we're really looking forward to it!

Thanks again

We went in January 2006. The weather was fabulous with just a couple of quick thunderstorms that passed very quickly (less than 30 minutes each). I didn't think the heat or humidity were bad at all. I wouldn't hesitate to return in January. Have a great trip!

Archived