Island cabins on back of Caribe deck

teachergal29

I am interested to finding out if the balconies on the back of Caribe deck are fully or partially covered (C728). I also would like to know if these mini-suites have a table and two chairs or two lounge chairs. We are cruising to Hawaii on the IP this coming Oct. and wanted to know if it was worth it to go with the mini-suite instead of a balcony room which we usually get.

I was also wondering what the newest Princess policy on bringing wine on board. We will be on a 15 day cruise so a limit of one bottle doesn't really cut it.

Thanks for any info :)

We were in C626, close to the rooms you are talking about. The balconies are 2/3 covered. It was a problem for us because it rained a lot on our Alaskan cruise. I noticed the Dolphine decks below me were the same size but fully covered. I'll get one of those next time for Alaska. For Hawaii it probably won't matter unless you want more shade.

I am interested to finding out if the balconies on the back of Caribe deck are fully or partially covered (C728). I also would like to know if these mini-suites have a table and two chairs or two lounge chairs. We are cruising to Hawaii on the IP this coming Oct. and wanted to know if it was worth it to go with the mini-suite instead of a balcony room which we usually get.

Thanks for any info :)

C-728 is completely uncovered. Furthermore, the people standing on the aft deck have a full view of your balcony. Here's a shot of the starboard side to give you an idea: http://community.webshots.com/photo/349017044/1350097874070712923jwrGew

That's C-727 all the way aft, but you get the idea. We had thought about booking that cabin, but after seeing it in May are glad that we didn't. Also, I don't think you could comfortably fit two loungers on the deck - the rounding of it makes it a little smaller (I think 2 loungers on any minisuite balcony would be a bit of a tight squeeze).

My two cents would be to book one of the other Caribe Deck minis toward the stern and take advantage of the "secret" deck on the stern - there are about 25 loungers available. There isn't a bar or waitstaff, but it's a quick trip back to your cabin to get what you need.

With as many sea days as you will have, if the price difference doesn't force you to take out a second mortgage, I'd go with the mini - I would be spending a lot more time in the cabin, and the minis have a nice sitting area w/a full couch that the standard balcony cabins don't have.

Caribe and Dolphin have aft decks with loungers. Aloha and Baha have smaller aft decks but no chairs or loungers.

Whoops, while taking a look at the website with the Island/Coral deck plans in an above mentioned post, I noticed it is the Baja and Caribe decks that have the Baja and Caribe decks that have loungers on their aft decks.

The website that Largin mentions is very helpful for looking at balconies.

At this point, I'm not sure what we can do about our cabin location. There are no choices left (other than wait listed)in that all the minis are booked. Plus we wanted to be in the back of the ship versus the front. I am prone to motion sickness. Nothing in the middle was available when we booked this last May. I keep checking back to no avail. Only thing that becomes available periodically are the ones way up front or with no balcony at all. I think we will be fine. If anyone one seems that interested in what I'm doing on the balcony, I'll just wave and smile. We like being away from the hustle and bustle of midship anyway. Thanks so much for all your help, though.

Anyone know anything new about the wine policy? My DH and I like to have wine in the room before dinner(out on our very public balcony, it seems! LOL:D ). With 15 nights, one or two bottles will not last very long. Any ideas???:confused:

Archived