Hawaiian Excursions--On Board or On our own?

hq82271

We're going on PoH 10/9. Should we book our excursions yhru NCL or should we do it ourselves? Any good recommendatons on tours & companies offering them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

That is a great question...and one I would have never asked myself if not for this board. We are going in November and this will be our first cruise. I really thought the shore excursions through NCLA was what we were going to do...thought it would be the easiest thing to do since we don't know the islands.

After reading many posts here I have decided that now we are going to rent cars and do pretty much the same things we were going to do with the excursion, but in most cases half the price and at our own leisure. Everyone has recommended the Revealed series of books on Hawaii, and I have just ordered mine through Amazon. I think Kona may now be the only stop we do an excursion throught the ship. Read the boards here...they really help build your confidence on doing your own thing and giving you many helpful tips to do so!!!

Letha

We have decided to use all NCL excursions. The guides can educate us on the way and both my husband and I can look out the window and enjoy our first trip to Hawaii. More expensive yes, but we will not have to constantly look at our watch to gauge our time, concentrate on signs/roads or read a map, just sit back and enjoy!:)

We're going on PoH 10/9. Should we book our excursions yhru NCL or should we do it ourselves? Any good recommendatons on tours & companies offering them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)
Hi. Welcome to the board. You can only discuss and get recommendations for NCL excursions on this board. If you want to get recommendations for outside tour operators, that discussion belongs on the Hawaii ports of call board. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks!

Archived