Room Service for all rooms, right?

PineyEsquire

Forgive me if this is so completely stupid, but I've never cruised before. I'm learning a lot from this board though! I just checked www.cruisedeckplans.com to figure out where our room is (an inside stateroom), and I noticed that in the description of the room, it doesn't include room service. Normally I wouldn't have noticed, but all the other categories of staterooms specifically indicate room service.

Please tell me we get room service in the inside cabins!

I just received my cabin assignment on the verandah deck , carnival legend. Can you tell me the pros and cons of the verandah deck?

thanks

rebecca

We had room service in our inside room on the verandah deck...I'm sure all room must be allowed room service...

I just received my cabin assignment on the verandah deck , carnival legend. Can you tell me the pros and cons of the verandah deck?

thanks

rebecca

One big PLUS for the Verandah deck is that it is not just below the Lido deck! We were on the Panorama deck on the Pride, (extended balcony just under the pool area) and we had a lot of noise from the Lido deck - loud music until 1:30 a.m. before an early Port day, scraping and slamming of deck chairs every night around midnight and every morning at about 6:00 a.m. Also, there is a big overhang from the lido deck that was a bit of a bother (you can see it in some of my pictures like the one below - had to really work at it to keep it out of my pictures by squatting down, shooting straight out, and aiming more towards the water.) Not really a big deal, but we decided we would go one deck down (Verandah) for our next cruise! I think you will be happy there too! :D

IMG_1055.jpg

thanks

rebecca

IMHO, the decks mean very little. I've never understood why the higher decks cost more when the motion of the ship is least on the lower decks. Oh well, such are the mysteries of life!

We have a balcony located at the very back on left side, not considered an "aft, extended". Can you give me feed back on this.

It's our first cruise so I'm like a sponge. lol

is it really rocky back there?

One big PLUS for the Verandah deck is that it is not just below the Lido deck! We were on the Panorama deck on the Pride, (extended balcony just under the pool area) and we had a lot of noise from the Lido deck - loud music until 1:30 a.m. before an early Port day, scraping and slamming of deck chairs every night around midnight and every morning at about 6:00 a.m. Also, there is a big overhang from the lido deck that was a bit of a bother (you can see it in some of my pictures like the one below - had to really work at it to keep it out of my pictures by squatting down, shooting straight out, and aiming more towards the water.) Not really a big deal, but we decided we would go one deck down (Verandah) for our next cruise! I think you will be happy there too! :D

IMG_1055.jpg

When we cruised, we had friends also on the Panorama Deck in a balcony, towards the back of the ship. They did just fine motion-wise, and didn't have as much of the noise issues we had (being right under the pool area!) Being a deck lower, I am sure you will be just fine! Enjoy!

Piney - Every cabin on every Carnival ship has room service provided...24 hrs. a day. There are no hot foods delivered via room service, but they have an excellent and varied menu. Some of the sandwiches, especially the roast beef and brie on baguette, are very good. I always enjoy the fresh fruit and cheese, as well as the crudites tray (veggies and bleu cheese dip).

2 of our 3 cruises have been inside, my DH would not make it through the night if he didnt have his brownies, cookies and milk every night before bed. It is included but the tip is not, we usually tip a couple $ for this. If we all order something we tip more accordingly (the more food on the tray the heavier the tray the more the tip LOL):)

Archived