Sept 12th Crown Princess Major discounts!

TravelGoddess

I was on the July 2nd sailing of the Crown Princess. I loved the ship and was sorry to see what happened. I hope everyone is recovering well :)

I got an e-mail from Princess with killer deals on the Sept 12th sailing. It's costing me $749 (825 with tax) for a Balcony. Is anyone else taking them up on this deal of a lifetime? As for safety I fully trust Captain Andy.......... does anyone agree he's the best Captain ever?

How can you justify Capt. Andy is the best when it appears human error caused the list. He may be a great guy but, was he there at the time of the list and if he authorized his assistants to take over the ship, he has to take full blame. What good is saying we are sorry when guests and crew have been injured.

How can you justify Capt. Andy is the best when it appears human error caused the list. He may be a great guy but, was he there at the time of the list and if he authorized his assistants to take over the ship, he has to take full blame. What good is saying we are sorry when guests and crew have been injured.

Princess has cleared Capt. Andy of any wrong- doing and they have made appropriate personnel changes.

That is a great price. I am already booked on that sailing. I was going to wait until after final payment was due but when an aft corner balcony became available I grabbed it. I did get a good rate but not as good as yours...

He wasn't there at the time of the list....... read some other boards!:mad:

Although we are from Connecticut, when I received that email last night I just couldn't resist. So we booked Caribe 247. I expect that there will be many who will take advantage of this price. Look forward to meeting you all.:rolleyes:

I wish the "upgrade fairy" would give some consideration to those of us booked before the "listing issue" at higher rates!

Called my TA before the incident to see about upgrading to a balcony based on the great comments on the Crown on these boards -- she gave me a great rate and I asked her to book it, but then she called back and told me the rate was only for "new bookings", and that the cabin I wanted (Aloha 747 ... totally aft) wasn't available. For more money than I thought was worth while she offered a cabin across from a laundry room on Baja. So I decided to just stay where we were.

But now I see the cabin is still available .. and I still wish we were in it!

Well first of all this was my first cruise and throghtout I came to admire Captain Andy Proctor. I think he is a first class person as well as captain. Second I would say NOBODY feels worse about this than Andy Proctor. I'm sure he had to suggest changes in his crew that he thought he would never have to do. I'm sure he was quite mad at the person at fault and then sad to have to release that person. I really liked Andy and I'm sure in the eyes of Princess he is there best captain on thier best and newest ship. They must have a lot of confidence in him. Plus is like 40 years at sea with lots of experience. I would feel comfortable with him at the helm of my ship.

The OP states that the offer was thru an email from Princess. Princess, for whatever reason, sometimes makes offers to specific regions of the country, or that fit a particular pax criteria, etc., so it may not be available to everyone.

One reason for the lower fare is that September is prime hurricane season in the Atlantic and Caribbean, that being the month with the most storms historically.

The prices have already went up...... thank god I booked when I did.........

Hurricane Season only makes things more interesting. Two years ago my cruise was switched from a Bermuda Cruise to a New England/ Canada cruise...... I loved that cruise......

I just checked a very popular online agency (also has 800#) and they have a category BB cabin with balcony on the coveted Caribe deck. Their advertised price, including all charges is $817.60pp.

Wow! That's the same price I payed...... I booked with Princess..........

I can't believe I payed $1500 a person on July the 2nd and now can sail for half price............. I can't wait to eat some C.C. Cookies![/quote

... and I paid $1500/person for the 7/11 cruise . . . :eek:

Archived