Rubens to Victoria Coach Station - walking distance?

RandS

I have a similar question regarding distance (re: the thread titled Rubens to Liverpool station). We are staying pre-cruise at the Rubens at the Palace and need to get to Victoria Coach station to catch a transfer. Is it walking distance pulling a wheeled suitcase or should we plan to take a cab.

Thanks in advance

RandS

RandS,

Phillip & I are on the TA as well and are also staying at the Rubens. From everything I have read it seems to about a block or two. All of our suitcases are on wheels and can be stacked and connected. I think we will walk the distance.

I am sorry RandS. I was speaking about Victoria Train Station. I believe the coach station is a little further away. I believe some others on our Roll Call thread also staying at the Rubens have been corresponding with the Concierge concerning transportation questions and recommendations. A lot of the reviews on Tripadvisor mention how helpful the Concierge is at this hotel.

We are staying pre-cruise at the Rubens at the Palace and need to get to Victoria Coach station to catch a transfer. Is it walking distance pulling a wheeled suitcase or should we plan to take a cab.
I'd expect this to take you about 15 minutes on foot.

RandS ..... thank you for this thread. We are also staying at The Rubens pre-cruise and have Princess transfers at Victoria Coach Station.

My luggage piggybacks on wheels too. 1/4 mile -- 15 minute walk -- guess I can handle that as long as the weather cooperates. ;)

Has anyone done this transfer? We're supposed to be at the station by 11 AM to leave at noon, I believe. Does Princess use nice comfortable motorcoaches to transport you to Southampton? How long is the ride - I hear 2 hours?

Thanks in advance for letting me butt into your thread ... it has been really helpful. :)

Archived