Cruise Insurance

jkrav

Ok i need to find cheap insurance that will cover cancellation and sickness on board. Im not flying to LA so i cant lose my luggage pre-cruise. Anyone have a link of sites I can get comparison prices on? The TA i booked the cruise with has a company that does it for 60 bux but i want something under 40. Thanks in advance

Also check out STA Student Travel Insurance. You don't have to be a student, and they don't care how you are travelling. My wife and I are covered for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in a Grand Suite for $99 each. Royal wanted $300 each. Several competitors came in anywhere from $150-$250.

Remember you usually get what you pay for. So, I would go to insuremytrip.com where you can do a nice comparison of the plans. Cheaper could be better for you but that is not always the case. So, read the plans very carefully. The major costs of the plan would be for trip cancellation and the medical portions. Most plans come with some coverage for loss of luggage but that is a very small component of the plan.

Keith

STA Travel pays for trip cancellation. It pays medical. Don't knock something if you haven't even looked at it. As I said, it has the same coverage as what the cruise lines offer, and is underwritten by an A+ rated insurance company. If you prefer to spend more money for the same coverage just because others do, then please feel free to do so!

STA Travel pays for trip cancellation. It pays medical. Don't knock something if you haven't even looked at it. As I said, it has the same coverage as what the cruise lines offer, and is underwritten by an A+ rated insurance company. If you prefer to spend more money for the same coverage just because others do, then please feel free to do so!

I certainly did not knock your suggestion. I just said to do the research carefully to ensure that what one buys and gets is what they want. For example for us we are more concerned about medical evacuation than other aspects of the insurance so we look more at that whereas if you asked me the question ten years ago I might have said we look at trip cancellation. I do think that in most cases you do get what you pay for (cruise line not included in that because they charge way too much for comporable insurance) but that doesn't mean that because yours is a better price that it's not good. I just think that each person should throoughly research what they are buying to meet their own needs which is why I like insuremytrip.com since it provides lots of comparisons.

Keith

thank you all i will be calling around for the next few days, 2 of us are booked and 4 have made down payments so i gotta figure out how this will work. thanks again everyone

Archived