Comfort Inn Ft. Lauderdale

wezhogan

The Comfort Inn on Federal Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale offers free airport and cruise port transportation. We are thinking of booking this prior to our Dec. 17th cruise on the CB. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if this would be a good choice?

Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as the Comfort Inn on Stirling. That one is one of the worst hotels we've ever spent the night in. So bad that I won't risk staying at another Choice brand hotel in FLL. Complaints essentially fell on deaf ears. The room was dirty, no hot water, dead bolts on the doors didn't lock and the room came with it's own miniature livestock (roaches).

I'd check the reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com before spending a night at this hotel just to make sure it's not nearly as bad as what we experienced.

Are you refering to the Comfort Suites on Federal Hwy? I find no Comfort Inn on Federal. At any rate, the Comfort Suites reviews aren't all that hot. Find what some people are saying at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84432-Reviews-Comfort_Suites_Airport_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

If it were me, I'd spend the extra $40 or $50 and find something that's more of a sure bet for a safe place to get some sleep.

For some reason Comfort Inn and Ramada are not the same here in Ft Lauderdale/Miami as they are in the rest of the country. They don't seem to maintain the same standards as elsewhere.

For some reason Comfort Inn and Ramada are not the same here in Ft Lauderdale/Miami as they are in the rest of the country. They don't seem to maintain the same standards as elsewhere.

Comfort Inn and Ramada Inn are not related in any part of the country. Comfort Inn is a Choice Brand hotel along with Quality Inn, Econolodge, Red Roof Inn, Clarion, Comfort Suites and a few others I can't think of.

Comfort Inn and Ramada Inn are not related in any part of the country. Comfort Inn is a Choice Brand hotel along with Quality Inn, Econolodge, Red Roof Inn, Clarion, Comfort Suites and a few others I can't think of.

I guess my post wasn't clear Doug. I realize they are not related in fact my post didn't even suggest that they were. The point I was trying to get across was that in other parts of the country a Ramada Inn or a Comfort Inn is a name you can trust and rely upon to give you a decent room at a decent price. That is not the case here. Both hotel chains leave little to be desired in our area..... :rolleyes:

I guess my post wasn't clear Doug. I realize they are not related in fact my post didn't even suggest that they were. The point I was trying to get across was that in other parts of the country a Ramada Inn or a Comfort Inn is a name you can trust and rely upon to give you a decent room at a decent price. That is not the case here. Both hotel chains leave little to be desired in our area..... :rolleyes:

Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit dense. We've had good luck with Choice hotels in the midwest but the two we've stayed at in FL have been among the worst. I won't spend another night in a Choice brand hotel in FL.

The Comfort Inn on Federal Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale offers free airport and cruise port transportation. We are thinking of booking this prior to our Dec. 17th cruise on the CB. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and if this would be a good choice?

We have stayed there twice pre-cruise. The last time we were there we rode out huricane Wilma. No electricty, no water, windows blown in.... what an experience!

So, other than the huricane, it is a nice place to stay. Be sure to sign up for the shuttle when you arrive. It fills fast the morning of the cruise.

Archived