How cold/warm are the dining rooms?

pampaul

I'm trying to figure out what to pack for dinner on the Norwegian Dawn. Are the dining rooms usually on the chilly-er side or warmer side? A few of the tops I have are long sleeve but they are thinner material. I should be fine, right?

Plus one more question....Since this is my 1st cruise I have no clue what to expect. I know the Norwegian is freestyle and no formal nights but they did say that there is an optional formal night. Are the people who want to dress "to the nines" in a separate dining room than the ones who don't want to dress up? Not that I care one way or another but I was just curious.

I'm trying to figure out what to pack for dinner on the Norwegian Dawn. Are the dining rooms usually on the chilly-er side or warmer side? A few of the tops I have are long sleeve but they are thinner material. I should be fine, right?

Plus one more question....Since this is my 1st cruise I have no clue what to expect. I know the Norwegian is freestyle and no formal nights but they did say that there is an optional formal night. Are the people who want to dress "to the nines" in a separate dining room than the ones who don't want to dress up? Not that I care one way or another but I was just curious.

The dining rooms were just right for me and I wore tank top dresses.

No, I wish NCL did do one dining room for foraml but they don't. You could be dressed up and the person next to you in capris.

People dress in both Tux and Resort casual at the same time in the same restaurants. I recall two formal nights, Tuesday and Thursday. There is no segregation due to dress code. The dining rooms can get a bit cool as do most public rooms. My wife wore a nice shawl in the evening and was usually comfortable. And NO, she is not in her 80's. She looked very stylish and a lot of ladies commented they wished they had brought one. If you want to wait til the cruise they do sell some nice and not too inexpensive shawls in the shop so you could play it by ear. A light sweater or jacket might be of use if you expect to stroll the decks at night or sit out on a balcony. Have fun. Plumloco;)

We were on the Dawn last week, we liked to eat early around 5:30 to 6 and the dining rooms were always COLD. But I guess as more people arrived it warmed up some. I wish I had a sweater with me but when we left Ohio it was in the 90's, so only took short sleeves and sleevless tops. You will love the Dawn and the cruise. We had a ball. Vicki

I am just back from the Pride of Hawaii on 7/17, I found that the dining rooms were a bit chilly. I think you should be fine with some long sleeved tops or bring a light wrap of some sort. Also about the formal optional night. I saw some people dressed in formal wear and others in shorts... yes depending on who is manning the desk at the time you are seated depends on if you are allowed to wear jeans or shorts. It is definately an "optional" night. Hope that helps.

I believe that they are climate controlled as they always seemed to be the same temperature no matter what the weather was outside...as far as on the chillier side I would have to say no....nor was I warm....just right if I had to say one way or the other ;)

Archived