Should I call Carnival back?

afdds

I just booked a cruise in Sept on the Fantasy. When I got of the phone I realized that the guy asked me about early or late dinner. I said late, we always pick late. That's not the problem. He forgot to ask if we wanted a small table or a large table. My DH and I always like to sit at a larger table and meet new friends.

Will it really matter now if I call or not? I would imagine that more people would want the tables for two. What should I do?

I just booked a cruise in Sept on the Fantasy. When I got of the phone I realized that the guy asked me about early or late dinner. I said late, we always pick late. That's not the problem. He forgot to ask if we wanted a small table or a large table. My DH and I always like to sit at a larger table and meet new friends.

Will it really matter now if I call or not? I would imagine that more people would want the tables for two. What should I do?

I've never been asked... and never been able to specify either way.

I don't know that you can specify what size table you'd like (we'd also prefer a larger table! ;) ) At least, I've never been asked - only what time preference (early or late).

Go ahead call back...

Apparently on their reservation computers there is not an actual "space" for table size, so it's not something everyone will ask.

There is a "notes" section that they can put this (and other special requests) in.

And then, just remember that it is all a "request" and you won't know what you get until you get to the pier.

Then see the Maitre'D if you want to change when you get on board.

CJW

I think I've always been asked this. Even the online book engines do it...

I wouldn't worry about the 2 seaters. They will be in high demand so you're unlikely to get one on accident. You ought to call anyway, just to make them think about doing their job right next time.

Wow guys, Thanks for the quick information. I usually book with an online agent, this time I went with Carnival. They matched the price so decided to book through them. Anyway, I've always been asked small or large table and the request for a large table has always been honored. Our first stop on board is the dining room to check on our table.

Think I will call first thing in the morning.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Debra:

You can always join us for dinner! Scott and I love large tables and I did request it even though they don't always make a note of it. You never know! I also asked for our beds to be put together and he made a note of that also. Not too romantic with single beds for a married couple unless you are Desi and Lucy!

I've never been asked a table size, either. I tell my PVP that I would prefer early, hopefully 6:15 dining, and would also prefer a large table. She says that she types that into a 'special request' area. Most of the time, I've gotten what I requested.

I totally forgot about the beds too. I must do that, Jeff would never forgive me:;)

Vidimom-I think that would be great. I'll post a reply on our Roll call.

Calling this morning!

Thanks everyone.

I wouldn't be too sure about the small tables being in high demand. My DH loves the large tables, so we request them too. On the Legend, we were seated at a table for 4 with a couple that barely spoke english - no other languages in common. :eek: We spoke to the Maitr'd about changing to a larger table with no luck (that's another story there). We ended up "adopting" the table next to us and making the best of it.

In any case - I would call back and make sure they have your request. You have a better chance of getting what you want if they know that you want it. :)

Niko

I think I've always been asked this. Even the online book engines do it...

I wouldn't worry about the 2 seaters. They will be in high demand so you're unlikely to get one on accident. You ought to call anyway, just to make them think about doing their job right next time.

I totally forgot about the beds too. I must do that, Jeff would never forgive me:;)

Vidimom-I think that would be great. I'll post a reply on our Roll call.

Calling this morning!

Thanks everyone.

I wouldn't worry too much about the beds. If the beds aren't already made into one, your cabin steward will take care of it before bedtime.

The Fantasy has only a couple of tables for 2.

So the smallest you would get more than likely is 6.

My DH and I love a table for 2 and when I booked our upcoming cruise on Conquest I forgot to mention that to our PVP. I called back and she said they had no place to request that and we would have to see the MatreD when we board.

I believe you can request table size at the time of booking. Call them back but they may tell you to talk to the maiter'd (sp?) when you get onboard. We just got back from a Miracle vacation and requested to sit in a booth instead of a table of six. Our request was accomodated. Also, he was available at 1 o-clock, so try to get onboard before then. There will be a line otherwise. ANd you may n ot be accomodated.

Have a Wonderful END OF CHEMO CELEBRATION!

We took our first cruise last October as a Celebration for me being one year out of CHEMO and RADS.

We were BIT HARD by the Cruising Bug and will be sailing away on our Fourth cruise in Sept.

Life is TOO Short...

Take care and best wishes,

Debbi (Jabee's DW)

Guest YesitDonna

We have had the option of table side on a few occations. As far as tables for two being in high demand... I wish that had been the case on my Triumph cruise. We got a table for 2 and I prefer a large table and meet new friends. I wanted to have it changed by my BF wanted to keep it, he thought it was romantic, so I just let it go. We got engaged on that cruise too so I guess it's good I just let it go lol!

Hi yesitdonna,

My DH and I are going on the sept 25th cruise also! Just booked last week. Great price! We asked for the early dinner seating, to be seated with a large group of people also. We like to sit with others! Maybe we will see you there! Hoping just to do straw makrket in bahamas and maybe sea trek in grand turks, just to snorkle in half moon cay. Very relaxing trip. Bought our drink coupons! NOT bringing children YESSSSSS!!!! That does not mean I don't like my children, just means it is great to be alone sometimes without them! Looking forward to possibly meeting you. Also I would call carnival back, they usually don't have a probelm changing that dinner seating. We always eat in the dining rooms on the ship. To me it is being waited on, and feeling spoiled! See you on our fantasy ship.

Hi Mich,

I'm glad you found us on the Roll Call. Welcome aboard! Just a suggestion, but you might want to copy your above post and place it on our roll call were everyone in the group can meet you. We have late dinner at 8:00pm, but I know there are some that have early. Go back to the roll call and read Vidimom's (Susan) postings. They will explain how to cut, copy, and paste your name on our list. Hope this helps! I'm sure if we all can't seat together for dinner, we are going to arrange a meet and greet. We have always done this at a pool side bar at sail away time, but if someone else has another suggestion.............:)

See ya soon!

You can request it, and your PVP/agent can note it in the system, but the dining staff will never see it. You need to go straight away to the Matier'D when you board to make that specific request.

Archived