Legend to Old San Juan

lovacruz

We are leaving in 4 days and i have one more question. I realized that we will not arrive in San Juan until 3PM. How far is Old San Juan from the port. Also can yu walk to Senior Frogs at night or Taxi is advisable. Or forget it and stay on the ship.

Carnival Legend 7/31/06

You will dock in Old San Juan. I would not walk anywhere at night there.

Last visit, I never even got off the ship.

Also, even though you are scheduled for a 3 PM arrival, you may find yourself getting there early. We arrived at 1.

Just like any big city, if you go out at night stay in a group and on the beated track. My husband is from Puerto Rico, have visited many times. I have never felt threated (a good ole girl from Colorado). It is just like walking around Chicago, or New York City, there are a bunch of wierdos here and there!

We were there in June and took a taxi tour of the city independently ($20) for the two of us and it was great. Walked to Senor Frogs and came back to the ship after dark neat to see the pier and the ships all lit up. There was four of us and we had no problems at all. It's a city take the same precautions you would in any city. One cruise embarked out of San Juan and we went down three days early and walked every, sometimes took a cab. Had a great time then too.

Senor Frogs is only about a 5-10 minutes walk from the Ship. It's through an area of an open park that is quite lit up at night. We did not feel threatened at all.

We took a tour in a tour bus for $10, went back to the ship to change for dinner and eat and then walked over to Senor Frogs after dinner until about 11.

We'll be there in 60 days!

You will dock in Old San Juan. I would not walk anywhere at night there.

Last visit, I never even got off the ship.

Also, even though you are scheduled for a 3 PM arrival, you may find yourself getting there early. We arrived at 1.

Wow - I'm sorry for you. Old San Juan is a joy to walk around. You missed a great port!

We love San Juan and never had any issues there in OSJ or Isla Verde at night. I felt very safe (actually safer there than I would DT in Houston!). OSJ is right across the street from where the ship docks and has many shops, bars, restaurants all open. It's a beautiful area with cobblestone roads. Have fun!

you can get some great views and pics from here...also had you considered doing the Bio Luminescent Bay excursion? FABULOUS!

In any case many of our shipmates stumbled back from Senor Frogs just fine. It's really very close to the pier!

Guest YesitDonna

We went to Senior Frog's as well, very close. I wasn't happy with their drinks though, I switched to beer because I didn't like anything else I tried. I have been to "the Frog's" and Carlos and Charlie's MANY times and that was a first for me. The Pina Colada was invented in San Juan and the ones I had there... I couldn't describe as a pina colada like I have ever had! BLECKKKKKKKKKK :eek:

Archived