south beach

molly82400

We are fkying into FLL on A Fri evening. Plane lands around 8pm. Ship leaves out of Miami following day.We plan on staying a a hotel in Miami. Is it worth staying at a hotel at south beach. If so, how far is it to the port, and is there enough time to enjoy it Saturday morning?

We are fkying into FLL on A Fri evening. Plane lands around 8pm. Ship leaves out of Miami following day.We plan on staying a a hotel in Miami. Is it worth staying at a hotel at south beach. If so, how far is it to the port, and is there enough time to enjoy it Saturday morning?

In my humble opinion it would not be worth it. Rates tend to be higher in SoBe and with so much to do and see with so little time....I'd stay downtown, closer to the port, try the Intercontinental or Marriott have a nice breakfast and head towards theport. ;)

We stayed at SoBe Marriott and loved it. It's down the beach a little from the noisy hub of activities, but within walking distance. It is a 10 minute cab ride to port.

You can walk south down the beach and see the port and the ships docked. We did this on the morning of our cruise and enjoyed it. Took a cab to port at 11AM checkout and was on the ship at 12:30.

If you want to go out that night - everything starts late, and goes on until 5 in the morning - or get up early, take a walk on the beach, and have breakfast at one of the sidewalk cafes. we really enjoyed south beach.

rooms are alot more than downtown miami, but if you want to check it out it's great. You don't have to head to the ship until the early afternoon if you want.

we spent the precruise day there last year, and this year we flew in 4 days early and got a wonderful room on ocean drive.:)

Question about the Days Inn in the South Beach area. I believe it is right on the beach? I read reviews that it is not so nice, has anyone stayed there? Price on hotwire for this hotel is reasonable compared to other hotels (I'm pretty sure it is the price for Days Inn) Would it be a total vacation ruiner to stay there after our cruise if we only need a room to sleep and shower in?

Question about the Days Inn in the South Beach area. I believe it is right on the beach? I read reviews that it is not so nice, has anyone stayed there? Price on hotwire for this hotel is reasonable compared to other hotels (I'm pretty sure it is the price for Days Inn) Would it be a total vacation ruiner to stay there after our cruise if we only need a room to sleep and shower in?

I've stayed at this hotel before and yes, it is pretty dismal. However, I would stay there again because the price was so great off priceline and hotwire. Also, my background is in the hotel business so I'm pretty tolerant.

In my humble opinion it would not be worth it. Rates tend to be higher in SoBe and with so much to do and see with so little time....I'd stay downtown, closer to the port, try the Intercontinental or Marriott have a nice breakfast and head towards theport. ;)

Hi Bequia:

We will have 2 days in SoBe pre-cruise @ the SoBe Marriott.

I was looking around Marriott website and see the Edon Roc is under construction and is offering some pretty low rates. Would you know the status of this property and did Marriott just purchase this?

Thanks for any advise!

Hi Bequia:

We will have 2 days in SoBe pre-cruise @ the SoBe Marriott.

I was looking around Marriott website and see the Edon Roc is under construction and is offering some pretty low rates. Would you know the status of this property and did Marriott just purchase this?

Thanks for any advise!

If the Eden Roc is on the Marriott website, they did not purchase the hotel but are the management company. Most Marriotts are not owned by Marriott but are managed by them.

Archived