Miami in January

dmk

I have been trying Priceline, Hotwire, Easytravel etc. I still can't find a reasonably priced hotel for Jan 20th. Does anyone know if there is something going on in Miami at that time.:confused:

I have booked a canceable hotel but would still like to get a cheaper one.

I have been trying Priceline, Hotwire, Easytravel etc. I still can't find a reasonably priced hotel for Jan 20th. Does anyone know if there is something going on in Miami at that time.:confused:

dmk, it's primetime, hotels enjoy a 99% occupancy rate.

I should have been clearer in my question. I was in Miami last January also for a cruise and was able to find areasonably priced hotel thru Priceline. This year I can"t so I was wondering if there were any kind of shows or conventions etc.

I found very high prices for April vacation week in Miami and Priceline makes me very nervous. Someone on this board suggested Cheapoair.com and I got the Holiday Inn Port Miami for $106 instead if $141. Check it out!

ps It took 4 days to get e response but I think it's because it is so far off.

I should have been clearer in my question. I was in Miami last January also for a cruise and was able to find areasonably priced hotel thru Priceline. This year I can"t so I was wondering if there were any kind of shows or conventions etc.

Miami and South Florida is experiencing record occupancy rates and more and more conventions, festivals, conferences, and events are taking advantage of Miami's temperate winter climate.

The ING Miami Marathon is the following weekend and many will spend the week prior in town.

Also keep in mind that Miami isn't just the southernmost city in the United States but is considered to be the northernmost city in Latin/Central/South America.

We got tired of looking around on the internet for a cheap price on a quality hotel so I called the HI Port of Miami front desk and found out about the marathon. The lady on the phone told me this info and said she had room for us (you cannot book our dates on the internet). Asked for smoking and was told there is limited amount of smoking rooms left. The Hotel is just about full because of marathon runners but the smoking rooms are taken? Anyway we got the night of Jan. 19th for $153 and the night of Jan. 27th for $179.

We got tired of looking around on the internet for a cheap price on a quality hotel so I called the HI Port of Miami front desk and found out about the marathon. The lady on the phone told me this info and said she had room for us (you cannot book our dates on the internet). Asked for smoking and was told there is limited amount of smoking rooms left. The Hotel is just about full because of marathon runners but the smoking rooms are taken? Anyway we got the night of Jan. 19th for $153 and the night of Jan. 27th for $179.

Marathon runners are BIG partiers.

Thanks everyone! Perhaps I'll try cheapoair. I'm more nervous of that web site because I've never used it. Priceline I'm familiar with.

donnas902

What do you mean by "it took four days to get a response"?

dmk,

Sorry, my first response from Cheapoair was:

"You have chosen a hotel that is not currently guaranteed available in our system and we are currently working to confirm your request reservation. If your check in is in the next 24 hours, please make sure to receive a written confirmation from us prior to check in. We will notify you as soon as possible with the updated status of your booking. "

After four days I received a confirmation and my credit card was billed. I then called the hotel directly and requested a King bed (I had been confirmed for a double) and they said no problem. I also asked for a bayview and they said it would be noted but cannot guarentee.

Good luck to you.

Its the best time to be in Miami - the weather is perfect and all the snow birds flock down to theri otherwise boarded up condo's.....We love the tourist :D

Archived