Post Cruise Motion

jc4me

I once saw a post that discussed something (an herb or vitamin) that could be taken to counter post-cruise dizziness. Is anyone aware of what can be taken to help alleviate some of this?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ginger pills from a health food store sometimes work. I just take 1/2 a bonine. If it continues, you might have a doctor check your ears for an infection. I thought mine was from the cruise, but turns out I had a severe ear infection.

I had the same problem and after a few days it was better. The worst was when I had just gotten off the ship and was sitting in the airport. Before I'd been busy enough that I hadn't really noticed. But when I was sitting still, I still felt like the airport was moving.

I took ginger on the cruise, but didn't take it afterward so I don't know if it'd help for the post-cruise movement or not. I have heard that taking a motion sickness pill helps. I haven't tried that either though.

We jokingly call that PCD: Post Cruise Depression around here. I had it terrible after my cruise on NCL Dawn last year. I even had to hold onto the wall while walking down the hallway!!!! I just figured it would go away with time. But, how curious it was that it disappeared immediately after I booked another cruise!!! ;)

Ginger pills from a health food store sometimes work. I just take 1/2 a bonine. If it continues, you might have a doctor check your ears for an infection. I thought mine was from the cruise, but turns out I had a severe ear infection.

I do this also, 1/2 bonine for a few days. Works every time.

Thanks for the ideas. I had heard that ginger was good for motion sickness, but had not tried it yet. I have used bonine on the ship before, but never after. I'll try these and see how they work. :o

Why didn't I think of that?

I've never been sick at sea,

but I'm dizzy for days after debarking - everything spins

if I get up and move fast.

I'll try the ginger and/or 1/2 bonine next time......

thanks

This malady actually has a name. It's called "maldebarquement syndrome".

I had it for the first time after our 15 day cruise to Hawaii in January, and it lasted for about 8 days.

Wish I had known about taking ginger or other seasickness meds for it. I certainly will do so if it happens again. It was a very uncomfortable feeling.

Archived