Post delay?

I post then like to check to see if I did it right...but it takes forever for my post to show up! What's up with that? Is everyone else having this problem?

Try refreshing the main page when you are finished.

I've seen this on some threads I've been reading, although not directly to my own posts (on this new board). Refreshing the thread, the forum page and the User CP have no effect. The time of the new (last) post shows, but not the post itself or the name of the person who posted it.

I wonder whether there's a moderation queue in place like there was on the old boards. New posts that have certain words are logged in the thread but not displayed until a moderator has looked at them and OK'd them for inclusion, just in case there's anything objectionable in them.

I had this happen once to me on the old boards, although re-reading my post when it did occur I couldn't for the life of me work out what I'd said that was dodgy.

I hit the Refresh button on my internet explorer browser and then it updates everything. If you're not familiar with this button it looks like a paper with two green arrows going around in a circle OR click View...Refresh.

My posts show up on the threads but not on the menu. Also finally started getting the e-mailed posts I was interested in yesterday but not today. Guess it will take a while to get it all evened out!

Thanks everyone~! I was just not sure I was doing everything right.

Archived