FLL - Yankee Clipper or Yankee Trader?

Don M

I am able to book either of these hotels with Airmiles (Canada). Are either of them worth staying in, is it easy to walk to shopping and restaurants, etc? Is one better in any way than the other one? Would we be better staying in Amerisuites or Holiday Inn Express on 17th? Your input is requested. Thanks.

I am able to book either of these hotels with Airmiles (Canada). Are either of them worth staying in, is it easy to walk to shopping and restaurants, etc? Is one better in any way than the other one? Would we be better staying in Amerisuites or Holiday Inn Express on 17th? Your input is requested. Thanks.

I stayed in the Yankee Clipper (I think its the one across the street from the beach) and it was a nice room and we walked to Beachplace and all of the restaurants....

I thought it was a nice room and comfortble size.

Don M

We stayed at the Yankee Trader last spring break and we were pleasantly surprised. Great location, upscale bedding, great pool area (a little small) and a very helpful staff. We stayed there precruise and the Hyatt Pier 66 postcruise. Actually prefered the Yankee Trader.

Good luck,

Kel

Does anyone know if either hotel offers shuttles to/from the airport/cruiseport? I'm still liking the Holiday Inn Express for location and shuttles, but I'm pretty easy. The view could be incredible from the Yankee Trader too. Please keep the info coming. Thank you all very much.

Does anyone know if either hotel offers shuttles to/from the airport/cruiseport? I'm still liking the Holiday Inn Express for location and shuttles, but I'm pretty easy. The view could be incredible from the Yankee Trader too. Please keep the info coming. Thank you all very much.

Sorry Don M,

No shuttles at the Yankee Trader. Seems like the taxi was about $16 + tip?????

Good luck!

Kel

Well, maybe I should look a the Holiday Inn Express. I understand they have shuttles and breakfast? Are they within walking distance of FLL sites and restaurants? How about the water taxi?

We have stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper(Feburary 2006) and enjoyed our stay very much...easy walk across the street to the beach and a few restaurants very close. The staff told us of a couple restaurants locals go to and they we very good food(don't remember the name) We would definately stay there again. The restaurants breakfast buffet was very good also.

Archived