I have a big problem...need info

JuneauMe

I am booked on the 8/12 sailing for the Dawn with my sister. There is a problem with her hubbies family, and she is thinking that she shouldn't go. I know her fare would not be refundable, but would her cancelling cause me to have to pay the single supplement ? Also is it too late to do a name change kind of thing, if I were to find someone to travel with. Any info would be appreciated.

Her canceling will not cause you to pay the double fare. It's already past final payment so she won't get a refund which means NCL has already received the money for that cabin. You're safe. However, she's out a lot of money. You can change the booking to another person, but there's a fee associated with that (don't know how much it is though). My SIL and her husband were supposed to go on a cruise last fall and she ended up not being able to go. So, their daughter went instead. I just don't know how much money they had to pay to transfer the booking.

You can change the booking to another person, but there's a fee associated with that (don't know how much it is though)

The fee to change isn't too much, but I'm worried that being so close to sailing, I wont be able to do that because of the registration and passenger manifest. It's going to be hard enough to find someone who can take off from work for a trip on such short notice.

Thanks for the info.

The fee to change isn't too much, but I'm worried that being so close to sailing, I wont be able to do that because of the registration and passenger manifest. It's going to be hard enough to find someone who can take off from work for a trip on such short notice.

Thanks for the info.

I an not certain but the way I understand it your best bet is to find someone. I think they will allow that up to a few days before. The big problem I don't believe you can cancel just one person. If you want to go alone it will be the same price as the two of you.

Up until 8 days prior to sailing the cancelation fee is 50%. She can not get 1/2 her money back and you still cruise. You both will get half back and stay home :(

Make someone an offer they can't refuse so your sister can get something back. 1/2 price would be fair.

Thank you for the info. I need this vacation so much, and I just wanted to be sure that I would still be able to go. My sis, is feeling that she should cancel to stay by her hubby in case something happens, and if something did happened getting home off a ship is a problem. Her hubby is encouraging her to go. I have my fingers crossed.

You can change a name up until 24 hrs. prior to sailing. "You MAY be subject to a change fee."

NCL is a bit evasive about the $25-$40 change fee. I have a feeling it's up to the phone rep. that you get and whether they're a by-the-book type of person or not. They wouldn't give me specifics and said "each situation is evaluated individually."

So, don't worry about that part of your situation. I'd make someone I know a heck of a deal on their half of the cruise. Getting something back is better than nothing. :)

To the OP, if you decide to, you can definitely submit a name change. I did this back in February when my fellow traveler's plans changed at the last minute. NCL charged me $50 to change the name. My TA fought hard for the last-minute name change because it was the DAY BEFORE the sailing date. I wouldn't recommend waiting till the day before, but I know it can be done. Once the passenger manifest has been finalized (3 days before sailing, I believe), you'll need to check in at the Customer Service Desk at the pier, where they will have to look up your booking to confirm the name change. That's what I had to do.

Archived