When are you sailing!!!

parislady40

We are not one of the largest, but definitely one of the most enthusiastic boards. We all look forward to our cruises with such anticipation!!! Lets start a when are you sailing post. For us, it does not matter which year, just the fact that we are sailing. Even if you have not booked, tell everyone when you want to go. Our ships may be small by choice, but our numbers are not.

DH and I are sailing the 17th Sept to 8th Oct, from Lisbon to Nice, back to back to back. When are you sailing????

We are not one of the largest, but definitely one of the most enthusiastic boards. We all look forward to our cruises with such anticipation!!! Lets start a when are you sailing post. For us, it does not matter which year, just the fact that we are sailing. Even if you have not booked, tell everyone when you want to go. Our ships may be small by choice, but our numbers are not.

DH and I are sailing the 17th Sept to 8th Oct, from Lisbon to Nice, back to back to back. When are you sailing????

:cool: Thanks for starting this thread it will be fun to see the responce. We will be sailing WindSurf 10th September from Barcelona to Lisbon. Our first cruise on a WindStar Ship, can't wait.

DH and I are sailing WindSurf 9/17 Lisbon to Barcelona. So we will be sailing with you, Parislady, and Shirley you will have to make sure the ship is all set for us. Save us a little wine!

Still figuring out what to do at most of the ports, although we do at least have our plans set for Lisbon and Barcelona.

Can't wait!!!

We will get into the 'spirit' of things here! The Wind Spirit that is.

Transatlantic, November 18th, 2006, Lisbon to St. Thomas.

It will be our first crossing on the Wind Spirit, but our third on small ships and our tenth crossing all told, including one freighter. Being under sail (at least part of the time) will definitely be a first. We're looking forward to it.

we are sailing round trip costa rica on january 27th, 2007 (I think that is the date)

it our 2nd windstar cruise

we talked my parents to take windstar too-they are sailing round trip barbados in february 2007

we loved our windstar cruise & cannot wait to take another one!

nancy

DH and I are sailing WindSurf 9/17 Lisbon to Barcelona. So we will be sailing with you, Parislady, and Shirley you will have to make sure the ship is all set for us. Save us a little wine!

Still figuring out what to do at most of the ports, although we do at least have our plans set for Lisbon and Barcelona.

Can't wait!!!

We will certainly make sure the ship is ready for you, but I'm afraid :rolleyes: I can't make any promises as far as leaving much wine behind! We have been buying some Spanish Wines lately and so far have found some winners. Saturday in Barcelona will be wine shopping day. Shirley

Wind Star Transatlantic - November 11th, Lisbon to Barbados :D

We'll be on the next sailing on Wind Star, November 25th to December 9th, Bardados to Costa Rica, through Panama Canal.

Multiple times cruising, but FIRST time on Windstar!

Thanks Shirley! We are planning to stock up in Lisbon as we love Portuguese wines and then pick up Spanish wines along the way (we love them too). Unfortunately, we will not have much time to shop for wines in Barcelona before catching our flight home on Monday. But we will squeeze it in, unless, of course, we drink too much wine on Sunday and need to sleep in rather than shop Monday morning. Either way, we will certainly be enjoying our wine.

We were disappointed with the wine selections on board last year, so we will be better prepared this year!

Parislady - We will definitely be on the lookout for the 4 people with the biggest smiles at the Compass Rose! We sailed last year with my parents; this year it is just the two of us so we will be smiling too!

Sheila and Craig

Can't wait!!!

Like you, we are not sure what to do at the ports except Barcelona and possibly Lisbon. Here are some notes that I have made so far:

:cool: Ibiza - is one of Europe's favorite beaches and a party island. A favorite thing on Ibiza is to sit at one of the Sunset bars in San Antonio, the sun sits around 9. The Cafe del Mar is a great place to listen to the Ambient music along with 100's of others as the sun sets. ( We thought this could be fun after having dinner on the ship).

:cool: Palma de Mallorca - Again this looks like a great place to visit the beach and relatively easy by taking the local bus from the port into town. It also appears that there are palaces from the Rennaissance or Middle Ages to see.

:confused: Marbella -

:confused: Tangier's - This is a place I'm not too sure about. Some people have said not to even get off the ship and others seem to have enjoyed the city. We are still doing research.

:) Barcelona - A beautiful city. One thing that I have read over and over again is to be very careful regarding pick pockets while you are in Barcelona.

As you can see we still need a lot more information, if you have any ideas we would love to hear from you. Shirley

We'll be taking our first Windstar as a Greek Isles cruise out of Rome on Wind Star next May. The boards have been very interesting to read for this line. We are very excited about this particular trip!

--Arnie

We are taking our first Windstar cruise this fall. It is also our first trip to Europe and we figured what a better way to travel than by Windstar. We will be arriving in Rome on the 13th and then departing from Rome on the 15th to Nice, and then returning on the 22nd back to Rome.

Our first cruise ports are:

Mon Oct 16 Porto Vecchio, Corsica, France

Tue Oct 17 Portoferraio, Elba, Italy

Wed Oct 18 Florence / Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Thu Oct 19 Florence / Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Fri Oct 20 Portofino, Italy

Fri Oct 20 Monte Carlo, Monaco

Sat Oct 21 Monte Carlo, Monaco

Sun Oct 22 Nice, France

Our return cruise ports are:

Sun Oct 22 Nice, France

Mon Oct 23 St. Tropez, France

Tue Oct 24 Corsica, France

Thu Oct 26 Ponza, Italy

Fri Oct 27 Amalfi, Italy

Fri Oct 27 Sorrento, Italy

Sat Oct 28 Sorrento, Italy

Sat Oct 28 Capri, Italy

Sun Oct 29 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

If anyone has transportation suggestions for Rome, we would appreciate your suggestions. Also any personal guides for the various ports (esp Rome!) would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!!

Archived