Why winter cruises.

OuiOnboard

Several months ago at my annual checkup, my physician looked me straight in the eyes and told me sternly "your cholesterol is up a bit...get more exercise!"

I pay my physician well...so I always do exactly as he says. As it is cool/cold here from Halloween to Easter, and as I power walk for exercise, I interpreted his directive to say "book some winter cruises!"

What are some reasons you book cruises in winter?

Why winter?

Some of the Exotics I am interested in are only offered during North America's winter season (South America, Australia/NewZealand, etc).

We have a great winter cruise coming up this November - Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez, on Oceania's Nautica, 25 nights!

Why winter?

Some of the Exotics I am interested in are only offered during North America's winter season (South America, Australia/NewZealand, etc).

We have a great winter cruise coming up this November - Istanbul to Singapore via the Suez, on Oceania's Nautica, 25 nights!

I think that my physician would agree that this trip will be good for your well being. :)

We usually do a cruise in Feb/March to get a break from the cold and snow in the Northeast. Gives you a boost to see the greenery,flowers of the tropics and the beautiful blue waters. Can't forget the warm sunshine too!

My DW got me into cruising. When we go on a Cruise it's always late Feb or ealry March. By then in MN you can see the end of Winter. There's nothing like some warm sunshine before mother nature brings it to our little neck of the woods.

The only down side is that sometimes you come home to 36" of snow in your driveway.

Can't wait for the next Cruise.

Agreed. Do you think I could get my health insurance to pay for it?;)

I'll ask my physician to write a "wellness"note....not sure it'll work though. :)

Semi-seriously though, what are some of the truly creative reasons have you discovered...or perhaps even fabricated... to make an additional winter escape happen?

Winter weather in Fairbanks can easily be 40 below zero. Oy. That's why!!!!

Taters

When asked how we survived Alaskan winters, we always responded by saying we flew to Hawaii in January on our PFD.:D

Well, we've never cruised in the winter, but I do have a Southern Caribbean cruise booked for February, 2008. It's such a depressing (imho) month here, very gray, freezing cold, the holidays are over, etc., so, even though it will still be freezing when we leave and return (NYC), I think it will be one great cruise.

This one is another "DH doesn't know a thing about it cruise". There's already an absolutely huge roll call. ;)

-45 degrees celcius weather in winter. And sometimes that doesn't even include the windchill.

I fully understand winter cruising. But I still don't understand cruising the Caribbean in the middle of summer.

To get away from the snotty, nasty, ($*)*$ weather in MI!

I might not use those exact words, but you're spot on about wanting - uuhhhh, more like needing - to escape the cold, damp, depressing, icy, slushy, snowy winter weather in the Great Lakes State. I can tolerate it until late January-early February, then it's time to head for someplace sunny and warm. This is actually a wonderful time to cruise (or visit an island resort) because there are few children and a more sophisticated passenger complement. After a week or 10-day respite, I return to Michigan feeling refreshed and renewed in body, mind, and spirit.

Chris

well im having back surgery in sept,and should be able to travel in late nov/early dec,this will give me and wife something to look forward too,and will be best medicine for me in my recovery,as i heal much better on a cruise,and wife is my nurse,so she definately needs to go to:)))) ,so we have mini suite on diamond for dec 9,yeahhhhh:)))):p

We like to cruise in January:

1. need a break from shoveling snow

2. DH birthday in January

3. need a break from shoveling snow

4. easy to book vacation time in winter

5. need a break from shoveling snow

6. want to be the only one at work with a tan

7. need a break from shoveling snow

Did I mention I hate to shovel snow?

I called in sick! I'm sick of work. I'm sick and tired of the cold north. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD, NOT schizoaffective disorder!). Because I can!:D

That good enough?

Archived