Waitlisted cruise reservation ?s

Lisa63

How does NCL typically handle a waitlisted booking? My niece tried to book a cruise that leaves in three weeks -- her TA told her the cruise was sold out and that she was being put on a waitlist.

My niece told my husband today that NCL charged her credit card for a deposit amount, which she wasn't expecting. This sounds about right to me, as had there been availability at this late date she would have had to pay the entire cruise cost, not just a deposit. My thought is that the deposit is required to even get on a wait list and that it will be returned if a cabin does not become available. Is this correct?

And, what else should she know? Her TA is telling her that she will most likely get on the ship and upgraded several categories. I'm hoping that's true, but I'm wondering how she could possibly know at this point.

Thanks in advance. We almost always book long in advance, so this is all new to me.

My parents had to waitlist for the Dawn. NCL required a $50pp deposit, but they were not able to get on. So, the deposit was refunded back to their cc. As for the T/A knowing they will get on AND get upgraded sounds a little strange to me... jmo

Thank you for the replies so far.

calyn320, how long before the cruise did your parents find out they weren't going? And, did they have to fill out the NCL registration forms? My niece told me yesterday that as NCL called them to fill out the forms, she was very optimistic about their chances of going on the cruise. I told her not to get her hopes up, as NCL has to provide this info on all passengers, so they likely want to collect it now in case she is indeed booked very last minute.

Thoughts?

Archived