Grand Princess or RCL Splendour of the Seas 12-30-06

GINNY L

I thinking about booking one of these cruises :rolleyes: for myself and a 16yr daughter and 11yr old son. I would like to have any input on which would be the better cruise for us. Especially when it comes to things for the kids. I will be traveling w/o my husband, so please consider that too.

Thanks for any input.

It depends on what you are looking for. The Grand doesn't have rock climbing or ice skating but they do have an area for teens. RCL actually has the better program for children and teens. We had a single mom on our cruise on the Radiance of the Seas and it was their first one and they loved it. We've been on the Grand 3 times and the teen program just isn't as good unless it's during the holiday season when they have more kids on board than normal.

We just came off the Grand and my son wasn't too impressed with the teen center. He's 17, so at this age you can go in and out as you wish. The counselors are what make the program and the ones on this cruise weren't the best. A previous Princess cruise we were on were alot better. There is a daily sheet that provides info as to what they will be doing on that particular day but it does not always hold true. There are video games in the teen area and only available when the counselors open them up for play. On the Grand, there is a fairly large video game arcade separate from the teen area where the kids can play video games ($1 - $2 per game).

I am not sure if it the board allows this comment BUT crucon has great prices for that week for the Grand...we booked a balcony cabin for $999...hopefully the hassles of Galveston will be minimal...there are reat excursions that your kids should enjoy...but we have never sailed Princess so cant comment on teen programs.

Archived