AFT Balconies on the Carnival Conquest

bbela000

I would like some good details about the AFT Balconies on the Conquest. I've read various postings, but nothing has been very detailed so far.

Is there any privacy at all? What makes them so wonderful? Why does everyone love it once they've had one?

give me some details if you got the time!! thanks

We had an aft balcony on the Conquest this year and loved it we had a wraparound on the upper deck no balconies below us just the churning water and the beautiful blue ocean the dividers are slanted unlike on the sides but saying that you had to go to the railing to see you neighbor if they were on thier balcony. The people can see you from thier railings on the empress and verandah decks above you if you are at your railing, I never felt like we were being watched at all because everyone was watching the ocean also. there is an overhang outside of your balcony door so you do have some privacy, the wraparounds do provide a side view also upper has a little larger depth on the balcony as far as wraparounds go but you do get more side view on the verandah and empress decks. It is a very long walk to the front of the ship but it is very quiet back there unless you have noisey neighbors but that can happen anywhere on the ship we think this is the best we ever had. soon I will be going on my 5th cruise and have had inside, outside and balcony and the 9a was the best, we haven't had a suite yet but I just don't see how it could beat the wraparounds. IMHO:)

hope this helps

If I knew how to load my pictures I could show you what I was talking about If you send me your Email address I can send you some of my pictures that way

People above you can only see you if you are standing at your railing. The balconies are tiered up.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/93847874/1093853128047126993svWgyq

balconies are bigger on the aft then they are on the side. You get no ocean breezes as you do on the side.

I have sailed on the aft 7 times so far-- two more scheduled coming up on the Destiny and the Caribbean Princess. I have a hard time sailing any other way. Had my first side one on the Liberty and disliked it very much.

For the same amount of money I want more.

We had upper deck aft on Conquest last year. Loved it. Now here are a couple of issues. Becareful and check all surfaces before you touch them. Soot has a tendency to gather out there. Not a big deal but wipe surfaces down before you use them. Lady next door in white shorts didn't and you can guess how that went over :) Disco is below and they party until wee hours. If you are a late person its not a big deal but could keep you awake if you hit the rack early. Unfortunately there are always idiots on baord. There were mornings when we had banana peels and cig butts on the balcony from unkind cruisers above. Will never understand that - guidance is very clear - don't throw stuff off the ship - it will blow back aboard. :( Have fun!

We booked our first aft on the Conquest for next February on the Empress deck (heard that was the best deck for aft). One positive review said it was almost like being on your own private yacht because of the views. Some negative notes spoke about the sprinklers that come on at night and the trash that people throw overboard coming onto the balcony and the heat on the balcony from no breeze.

we loved it, we did not have any trash on our balcony, we did not have any soot on our balcony there was some salt condensation on the chairs in the morning all you had to do was wipe it off or throw a towel over it. We took afternoon naps out there and nobody bothered us. the view is the money maker and it in our opinion is worth it. as for the sprinklers I was filming on the balcony one night late and tuned the camera up toward the top of the ship and some water came over and sprinkled me I thought it was funny, I had been warned about that. Unless you are planning on doing something that you don't want anyone to see while at the railing:D then maybe aft balcony is not for you otherwise it is the best way to go. IMO

We had the AFT 8454 loved it. no wind was such a plus. We was on the 8th deck and you could see most of our balcony from the Lido deck wherwe ther adult pool is and the windo slants. If you stand at the window and lean agaist it you can see most of the balcony on the 8th deck. You can not see any part of the balcony below you expect the railing. I personaly loved the 8th deck close to the grill and icecream yummmmm. Never had a problem when we had the balcony door open and we opened the cabin door either. I will post pics of the cabin and balcony here in a few days as soon as I get to Ky where I can down load them.

• 3 weeks later...
People above you can only see you if you are standing at your railing. The balconies are tiered up.

balconies are bigger on the aft then they are on the side. You get no ocean breezes as you do on the side.

I have sailed on the aft 7 times so far-- two more scheduled coming up on the Destiny and the Caribbean Princess. I have a hard time sailing any other way. Had my first side one on the Liberty and disliked it very much.

For the same amount of money I want more.

Serene,

Are these balconies bigger in depth, width or both than the standard side balconies? We've booked 8459 on the Conquest and I am just curious.

Thanks!

Thanks, Randy! Had the cat 12 balcony on the Fascination in January (first one) and have been forever spoiled to balconies as a result. From everything I've read on these boards I suspect that the addiction will be further narrowed to aft balconies after this trip!

And the idea of being in Montego Bay, Jamaica on Valentine's Day doesn't suck either ; )

Counting the days!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/260528779/1260530874052943369kXkADX

its a photo of the Destiny but the balcony is laid out the same on the conquest class.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/321040565/1321057095068314652BIINdf

a side cat 9A balcony. Notice how narrow the balcony is

Thanks Serene! Holy cow, that is a big difference!! OK, so what can I do to make 178 days fly by?????? Hmmmmm.......

ya wait patiently--lo yes there is a big difference in balconies-- and they cost the same price..so I want more for the same amount of money.

Lots of people think there is more motion on the back but ya know if you hit rough waters that ship is going to feel the motion tn omatter where your cabin is located.

I also hear people talking about noise-- and for the life of me cant figure out what noise they are talking about.

Someone complained that the noise the water made back there was louder then on the side-- had our first side balcony (hated it by the way) and didnt hear the water any different. I like my balcony to be as close to the water as possible-- thats why we take deck 6 or 7

I like to be close to the water also. But didn't want deck 6 as those rooms are over a club (I'm no early bird but do want to be able to get to sleep by 2 or so, lol). Seven was sold out aft so we took 8. And as for the sound of the water, I LOVE IT!! I'd be happy if it was louder, though on deck 8 I can't imagine it would be that loud. As for motion, neither DH nor I have problems with motion sickness so we should be okay, even in rough seas (which I also love, btw). Some of the best cruises I've taken were during times when we were in rough seas. I think it is way cool to watch the horizon move as drastically as it does when the ship is really rocking and rolling. Not to metion watching the waves crash on the bow. It is a site to see.

Are the "aft" balconies the ones straight ascross the back opf the ship, or do they include the ones on the side towards to back of the ship?? Please don't laugh too much or flame for this one, but I am truly confused, and learning as I go. :confused:

When reading about aft balconies the majority of them are talking about the ones directly across the back. Aft balconies ona ship run from the aft balcony back. Midship balconies goe from the aft elevators to the midship elevators and forward (front cabins) go from the forward elevators to the very front of the ship.

the right side of the ship is starboard and the left is port (4 letters each word)

we have stayed on deck 6 aft a few times-- even booked deck 6 aft on the Destiny. Have not heard nothing from the lounges yet. The way its explained to me was the cabins are over the seating area and not the stage area. so we heard not a peep.

we have stayed on deck 6 aft a few times-- even booked deck 6 aft on the Destiny. Have not heard nothing from the lounges yet. The way its explained to me was the cabins are over the seating area and not the stage area. so we heard not a peep.

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind for the next cruise!! I'd just heard that the "thump, thump, thump" from the music could keep one up in the wee hours. I'd like to hear from others who've stayed in the deck six aft cabins re: noise from below. I believe you, Serene, I've just found from reading these boards that opinions on anything are relative ;) LOL!

, I've just found from reading these boards that opinions on anything are relative ;) LOL!

and you would be surprised on how much opinion is based on hearsay. or because I heard... or read --

and you would be surprised on how much opinion is based on hearsay. or because I heard... or read --

I agree. I try to only "listen" to those opinions that start out, "...and when I was there...." posts that start out, "my best friend's neighbor's sister's aunt's dog said," tend to go ignored by me. I'll look forward to ConquestCruiser's review and hopefully, if they are sailing far enough ahead of me I can change to the 6th floor if not sold out by then. Two people telling me that they've btdt and the noise levels are fine is enough for me.

When are you cruising CC? I'd definitely be interested in your review re: noise. Thanks!

Sept. 10th!! only 23 more days!! I was worried about the noise as well, but I am bringing earplugs just in case:D !! The lounge is below us and I don't remember anything being planned really late at night last time we went!? We'll see, regardless, I will have a blast!!

Sept. 10th!! only 23 more days!! I was worried about the noise as well, but I am bringing earplugs just in case:D !! The lounge is below us and I don't remember anything being planned really late at night last time we went!? We'll see, regardless, I will have a blast!!

Would you mind emailing me when you get back and let me know about the noise? vanessa1963@comcast.net.

Thanks and I am soooo jealous!! We have 178 more days. :eek:

Archived