D1 and D2 cabins

Now please don't think I am trying to be a jerk here, but I am just trying to shed light onto the question...

In actuality, every single one of the responses to this question is incorrect. (Well, Honey's Gal isn't incorrect)

---

First of all, the letter "D" and "E" refer to the size of the cabin. Both cabins are balcony cabins, yet the "D" cabin is a bit longer (not wider) then the "E" cabin. The "D" cabin has a full-sized sofa, while the "E" cabin has a little love seat.

The number refers to the location (with one exception I will explain). 1 being the best, and so forth. With the "D" cabins however, all of the cabins that are capable of sleeping more than 2 people are indeed D1's, no matter where they are located (these cabins are snatched fast). The sofa bed in the 3-4 pax D1's folds into a rather uncomfortable bed.

The E1's and E2's that can sleep 3 people (none sleep 4) have a pullman bed (bed that folds out of the roof).

I hope this clarified everything.

Now please don't think I am trying to be a jerk here, but I am just trying to shed light onto the question...

In actuality, every single one of the responses to this question is incorrect.

---

First of all, the letter "D" and "E" refer to the size of the cabin. Both cabins are balcony cabins, yet the "D" cabin is a bit longer (not wider) then the "E" cabin. The "D" cabin has a full-sized sofa, while the "E" cabin has a little love seat.

The number refers to the location (with one exception I will explain). 1 being the best, and so forth. With the "D" cabins however, all of the cabins that are capable of sleeping more than 2 people are indeed D1's, no matter where they are located (these cabins are snatched fast). The sofa bed in the 3-4 pax D1's folds into a rather uncomfortable bed.

The E1's and E2's that can sleep 3 people (none sleep 4) have a pullman bed (bed that folds out of the roof).

I hope this clarified everything.

Alex: excellent post. Complete, succinct, accurate.

Well, except that the pullman bed comes out of the ceiling, not the roof. :D :D :D :D

We stayed in a D1 on MOS. My kids (2 boys, 6'2" and 5'8") slept on the sofa bed. They said it sucked, but then again, they had no problem sleeping. The queen size bed DW and I slept on was one of the best ever beds I've ever slep on, including my own at home. I have lower back problems and that bed was perfect for me (firm, but not too firm). YMMV (your mileage may vary).

We were in an E1 on Mariner with the "sofa bed". It was probably as wide as a double mattress but not as long. I'm 5'9" and would have had to sleep diagonally on it to keep my feet from hanging over.

It was perfect for our 8 year old though:)

Archived