Home from the Crown 7/22

yankeebabe

Just a few quick things about the cruise. First of all we had a great time, the food was the best we have ever had on a cruise. We really only had two complaints. First the AC in our room D222 was not working well at all. Second we found a lot of the staff rude and very quick with answers. We were all able to really enjoy the cruise and have a lot of FUN. Never a problem finding a seat by the pool. Any ? I would be happy to answer. Princess did a great job getting everything in order, just please work on the AC big problem there. Nancy

Wow, I'm surprised you said the food was the best we have ever had on a cruise. Interesting....There have been more unfavorable reviews on the quality of the food, especially in the Horizon Court ..... Can you tell me which dining area did you eat?

There have been a lot of complaints about A/c - and the weather is getting warmer and humid...Yeks! ! !

How was the motion of the Ship? Did you feel the difference traveling in the North Atlantic Ocean?

Would you cruise the Crown again?

We were on the July 11, 2006 sailing and we were not impressed with the buffet breakfast. So, we went to the Da Vinci dining room for breakfast. They have a menu but you can also order omelets to your liking as well as the usual breakfast fare.

Hamptod

We didn't enjoy the food in the Horizon Court all that much either . . . though they did have some good fruit. We're not big breakfast eaters so didn't make it to the dining room for b'fast . . . so can't comment on that. Anything and everything we ever tried at the International Cafe (light fare) was good -- deck 5 in the Piazza. Great if you're not looking for a big meal. Sandwiches and quiches for lunch . . . plus the infamous freshly baked cookies. There were other items too. There's also the hamburger 'n fries and pizza option if you don't want to do the Horizon, the dining room or the international cafe. And don't forget room service; although breakfast is just a continental breakfast menu.

Afternoon tea was great and oh so elegant. (And you CAN wear your shorts in the dining room for that).

Air conditioning: We were in a balcony on Baja, port side, and our a/c was fine.

Why do I like a buffet for lunch?

Because I am a salad fiend.

Horizon Court (one out of the four spaces) had OUTSTANDING and varied salad fixin's. I wasn't wild about the dressings, but I made myself a truly magnificent salad on the days that I ate lunch.

The rest didn't look too appetizing to *me*, so I'm not surprised at the reports.

The two times that Nancy dragged me to the dining room for lunch, it was DELICIOUS.

Oh, and I'm not a breakfast eater either. So I like the Horizon Court because I grab a banana and two crisp bacon slices. It's good for those things. :)

But meals in the dining room were EXCELLENT, Sandytoes.

And everyone keeps talking about the fabulous cookies, as though these sort of raised the whole level of eating on the cruise, because they're so good.

I don't eat cookies, and I didn't eat those, so it didn't influence my feelings about the eating experience on the Crown.

Glad you all are back safe and sound! I heard that about the AC on the Dolphin Deck and I am going to call the TA on Monday and ask her to change us to the Emerald Deck because of it. I like it cold at night. I also agree about the pool. What a nightmare to find a seat!

Carol had these enormous salads and always had a smile on her face when she was eating them. I'm with Deborah. I don't like buffets in general and found the Horizon Court to be marginal at best. The good news is dining room service at lunch and breakfast is heaven.

Breakfast in the Horizon Court, imo, is forgettable or worse. I won't be eating there in the spring when I sail her again.

We always do a family breakfast when the Goat Rodeo (read family) sails together. It's the one meal a day we always have as a group. If you have kids consider this. They get caught up and tired later in the day, but at breakfast everyone is excited about the day ahead and their plans.

I never had one darn cookie. Not a big cookie eater. I too heard they were delicious.

Sandytoes - We ate in the Michael Angelo dining room (anytime dining). The Horizon buffet is a buffet what else can I say not great not the worst either. The AC was a BIG problem I like to sleep when it is cold also. Would we sail on the Crown again probably not. It was not our favorite by any stretch!! The water was rough but it didn't bother any of us. I would like Princess to figure out why the AC does not work. Hope that helps a little. Nancy

Can you tell me what room you had? Can you imagine putting a rollaway bed in it?

Thanks

We were in B730. Sorry but I cannot imagine putting a rollaway in the space available. However, we were two singles and our beds were separated by the small end table. IF the beds were together AND against the wall (and the one end table removed from the room completely) it may just squeeze. You should go to the Princess website and look at the diagram--the corner unit that houses the refrigerator and t.v. juts out into one end and the desk is opposite. Doesn't seem that there would be sufficient length available for a rollaway.

Anyone else tried this?

Bottom line, if Princess says yes then obviously it can . . . but it would be quite cramped!

Hope this helps.

Just a few quick things about the cruise. First of all we had a great time, the food was the best we have ever had on a cruise. We really only had two complaints. First the AC in our room D222 was not working well at all. Second we found a lot of the staff rude and very quick with answers. We were all able to really enjoy the cruise and have a lot of FUN. Never a problem finding a seat by the pool. Any ? I would be happy to answer. Princess did a great job getting everything in order, just please work on the AC big problem there. Nancy

Do you know if your neighbor in D220 had an AC problem too? We're in that cabin on Aug 16 and I can't stand not having ac!

Thanks!

Archived