Silly question about vacinations

chefmikki

We are leaving in 2 months for the eastern caribian. Do we need to get any vaccinations??? I don't remeber what my Dr. said, but as I am looking for a new one and don't need to go at the moment I no longer have someone to ask. So I go to you lovely helpfull people on the boards. thanks!!!! :)

We are leaving in 2 months for the eastern caribian. Do we need to get any vaccinations??? I don't remeber what my Dr. said, but as I am looking for a new one and don't need to go at the moment I no longer have someone to ask. So I go to you lovely helpfull people on the boards. thanks!!!! :)

my doctor recommended the Hepatitis A vaccine...said those going out of the country should get it. Caribbean was one of the places listed with high outbreaks. You need it at least one month ahead they said. Hepatitis A cause flu like symptoms with swelling of liver and yellow eyes/skin, and could be deadly....

Never hurts to get your tetnus updated. Well maybe it hurts a little but it is worth it to know you have it incase you step on something in the Ocean. Call your local Health Department about vaccinations. When I used to work at the HD we were cheaper and easier to get your vaccinations from. Going to the ER for tetnus is very expensive and you never know when a accident will happen. The HD can also give the Hepatitis A and B vaccines but call your local HD before going to check availability and cost.

Archived