Anyone been on the Volendam recently?

zebra

We have only cruised once before on a HAL ship, the Maasdam which we thoroughly enjoyed. Please can you all tell us as much as possible about this ship. We are used to a balcony cabin but the verandahs are all booked for the particular cruise we are looking at. How good are the outside cabins and which deck should we go for (and which should we stay away from). All info will be greatly appreciated.

I just sailed the Volendam this past February. Any specific questions I can answer, please ask. But I agree with the above poster, similar to the Maasdam, only a little larger. If you enjoyed the Maasdam, you will love the Volendam.

We were on the Volendam two years ago in Alaska. We had EE1920 on the Dolphin Deck. While this was our first cruise other than a Mississippi River cruise, we were very pleased with the cabin. More than enough room for two people, plenty of storage space, and a nice bathroom.

The room was on the Port side, lowest deck, mid-ship. While low, we were still able to see just fine, but actually spent more time on deck than in the room.

I don't think you will be terribly disappointed with an outside cabin.

Cheers,

We were on the Volendam in an outside cabin - 2569 - on the Panama Canal transit in April for 18 days. It was just fine - not too far from the elevators or the laundry room.

Plenty of closet space and storage room - don't forget to check under the bed for more drawers.

Wouldn't hesitate to take the same room all over again!

Barbara

Archived