"Escapes"

kfbesq

I haven't been able to get Celebrity to comment on the status of the 2005 (and beyond) "Escape" adult-only cruises. They were listed on the web page for a time, then they were removed. Does anyone have the word on this? I will be so disapointed in Celebrity on many levels if they have in fact abandoned the program.

Hi, I think the Escapes are usually during the summer months...well, Celebrity still doesn't have their schedule out for Summer 2005 yet....that is probably why you cannot find it.

I know some of the folks have said the schedule was supposed to come out on June 30th.....

Well, I went looking at the Website today....still nothing shows up after May 2005.

The REALLY STRANGE thing......it shows the schedule for "MEXICO 2006":eek: ....but all the other stuff has nothing on the Months for 2005....

Hopefully they will be out soon.....Including the Adult Escape that you want too!

I know there is an Escape Cruise from the west coast over Christmas. I really had fun on my Century Escape 6/5! And would highly recommend them. I liked the late night shows, the fact that they had more commedians and, of course, that THERE WERE NO KIDS!!!!

I know there is an Escape Cruise from the west coast over Christmas. I really had fun on my Century Escape 6/5! And would highly recommend them. I liked the late night shows, the fact that they had more commedians and, of course, that THERE WERE NO KIDS!!!!

That cruise starts on December 27 as I remember, so it lists as a 2004 itinerary. They had 2005 cruises (all 4 of them; don't want to overdue after all...) posted for some time, then they pulled them. That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. If anything, they show double or tripple the number of adult-only cruises, NOT eliminate them. The market is certainly there.

I agree -- the market is certainly there judging by the post on these boards!!

The demand would increase if more escape cruises at different times of the year were offered and they were marketed to the right prospective customers!! These could be a very powerful tool for Celebrity!!!

I asked about this last year and several posters have said they have not been very successful as far as profits for X. This board only represents 2% of the cruising market.
I just don't see how they can miss the market. It's there. At any given time, about 80 percent of the market does not have minor children. Everyone I talk to, parents and childfree alike, wants to see some oportunity for an adult-only cruise experience.

Ok for all you ESCAPE experts in the last Captain Club newsletter, it listed the 12/27/04 Summit western caribbean cruise as a Escape cruise. Although its not listed anywhere else!!!!!

Alan

Archived