upgrade from B4 to B2 on QM2

rrunner

We have just been upgraded from B4 to B2 on a QM2 crossing - can someone please explain what this means. The cabin description and sq.ft seem about the same. Maybe better location??? We are now mid ship on deck 5

We have just been upgraded from B4 to B2 on a QM2 crossing - can someone please explain what this means. The cabin description and sq.ft seem about the same. Maybe better location??? We are now mid ship on deck 5

Yes, "better" location (amidship, less movement) and, not being above public rooms, less noise (hopefully).

Enjoy your crossing.

Same thing happed to us last Nov on a T/A. I think the B4s have an obstructed view...the life boats are right outside your balcony

Hi eddiethekub

The B5 B6 grades have obstructed views, B1 B2 B3 B4 grades are "in hull" balconies.

Very best wishes

We also were just upgraded for Dec 16 from promo B4 in-hull balcony guaranty to Deck 5 B2 cabin assignment near front stairwell. Now we're one deck up from B4 and a little more centered than the B4 locations. At least the new cabin does not have adjoining cabin door, which is reportedly poor soundproofing. This will be our first Cunard trip.

We also were just upgraded for Dec 16 from promo B4 in-hull balcony guaranty to Deck 5 B2 cabin assignment near front stairwell. Now we're one deck up from B4 and a little more centered than the B4 locations. At least the new cabin does not have adjoining cabin door, which is reportedly poor soundproofing. This will be our first Cunard trip.

Greydog,

We're on the same cruise and were also just upgraded from a B4 to a B2, around midship. I'm glad that we now have a deck between us and the public rooms. Have you checked in on our roll call?

We are also booked in a guarantee. How and when did you find out what your cabin assignment was...we are on the 1/6/07 short " taste" sailing out of FLL...in a D2 guar.

Thanks...

Katie

We are also booked in a guarantee. How and when did you find out what your cabin assignment was...we are on the 1/6/07 short " taste" sailing out of FLL...in a D2 guar.

Thanks...

Katie

You asked greydog, not me, but --- we learned of our cabin assignment when we received our upgrade notification -- the notification included both the new category and the specific cabin.

Thanks...

Katie

Hi: Our TA got fax notice from Cunard of upgrade from B4 guarantee and called us with opportunity to accept or decline. I don't know if our TA is on a 'preferred' list due to volume but we have only been on 1 HAL cruise previously (2 years ago).

Judyzoo:

Hi, I was hesitating to post on roll call since wife is job hunting and if she's successful soon that could interfere with taking this trip. But I really can't complain since we already have done a month of cruising earlier this summer but we do want to 'try out' the QM2 under the promo offer sent to us. CROSS FINGERS

Judyzoo:

Hi, I was hesitating to post on roll call since wife is job hunting and if she's successful soon that could interfere with taking this trip. But I really can't complain since we already have done a month of cruising earlier this summer but we do want to 'try out' the QM2 under the promo offer sent to us. CROSS FINGERS

Greydog: I don't know whether to wish your wife good luck so she gets a job or bad luck so you'll be joining us on the cruise. Either way, hope things work out well for both of you.

Archived